• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Dick's Sporting Goods Strikes Again: This Time They Destroyed Millions In AR-15s

"During a Sunday interview with CBS News, Stack revealed an interesting tidbit: he decided to scrap more than $5 million worth of AR-15s into scrap metal instead of selling the stock."

"As of now, 125 of Dick's 729 stores no longer sells any type of firearms. Stack is considering making that a company-wide policy though."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...05b157f7ae5b131f2e0b244c9b7500&recip=21233168
    ARJ Defense ad

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I used to truly enjoy shopping in their original store whenever I was in Binghamton, NY. My uncle owned a farm up that way and I used to visit often. Did a lot of hunting & fishing up that way and Dick's was my go to store for hunting & fishing stuff. Then they opened a second store in Vestal, NY (just outside of Binghamton) and while that larger store was okay - it never had the aura of a mom & pop shop like the original. When they went nationwide they took a plunge as far as I was concerned. Things just kept getting worse from there on. Now I find myself wishing they would fold and be no more.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I saw on LinkedIn that he wrote a book basically talking about his "courage". He's embracing this gun grabber persona wholeheartedly and dragging the company with him.

He is set for life. No matter how bad he screws Dicks he will get his golden parachute atop his already huge salary and benefits. His book will be gobbled up by leftists drones and he will make a killing there as well.

So what are the chances they destroyed the rifles cause their distributors told them to go take a flying F at a rolling donut when they tried to return them?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I hope they can stay in business selling pee wee soccer balls to anti-gun moms. They need to get all those deer heads and full body mounts out of their stores along with the hunting gear. Folks won’t buy camo hunting clothes from anti-gunners.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    So what are the chances they destroyed the rifles cause their distributors told them to go take a flying F at a rolling donut when they tried to return them?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is what happened.

I read something about them recently on the Motley Fool about how they sold some of their Field and Stream stores to Sportsman Warehouse signalling their slow exist completely from the outdoors and hunting business. They've pivoted to focusing more on other sporting goods with a larger profit margin and e-commerce sales. Things seem to be doing OK for them because their stock price lately is up after reporting strong second quarter revenues.

I have a feeling they were already planning an exit from this market segment as part of a long term strategy and used it as an opportunity to gain some publicity. It helps explain why they weren't as concerned about losing the outdoor / hunting segment.

Walmart also sure saved their bacon.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Here's the segment... It's actually old news; he is trying to recapitalize on their previous virtual signaling. Who knows why Sunday Morning decided to do this story now. They are trash.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is what happened.

I read something about them recently on the Motley Fool about how they sold some of their Field and Stream stores to Sportsman Warehouse signalling their slow exist completely from the outdoors and hunting business. They've pivoted to focusing more on other sporting goods with a larger profit margin and e-commerce sales. Things seem to be doing OK for them because their stock price lately is up after reporting strong second quarter revenues.

I have a feeling they were already planning an exit from this market segment as part of a long term strategy and used it as an opportunity to gain some publicity. It helps explain why they weren't as concerned about losing the outdoor / hunting segment.

Walmart also sure saved their bacon.
    Yea, Hunting/Fishing in Texas is not a big money market at all, heck only a $1.4 BILLION business, heck I would walk away too, nothing to see here.

And of course, US-wide almost NOBODY spends a dime on hunting and fishing, its only about $76 Billion, yea DickWeed did the right thing!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yea, Hunting/Fishing in Texas is not a big money market at all, heck only a $1.4 BILLION business, heck I would walk away too, nothing to see here.

1) Most of their stores aren't in Texas.

2) Just because it's a big market doesn't mean they were able to turn a profit in it. We see that with retailers every day. They only had about 35 Field and & Stream stores. They aren't Bass Pro/Cabelas. Outdoors hasn't been their prime business for a long time, if ever.

3) The firearms market is incredibly soft right now. Look at how many distributors and companies are going belly up.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I hope they............
    ................They need to get all those deer heads and full body mounts out of their stores along with the hunting gear. Folks won’t buy camo hunting clothes from anti-gunners.

I agree that all around gun guys wouldn’t buy there. But the fudds I know don’t consider them anti-gunners since bolt actions and shotguns aren’t affected. The fudds will still buy there.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It's not just his, it's the company's. As a stockholder I'd be pissed. Thankfully I'm not a stockholder.

They are still funding gun control advocacy so piss on them.

Top Bottom