• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    DFW
    I've been lurking for a few months now. Too afraid to say Hi in a formal post so I'll use this post to do it!

Apologies in advance if there's a thread/sticky on this already!

Work finally brought my wife and I to this great state. Everyone has been incredibly kind and sociable; talk about culture shock!

We're both SoCal natives and went through quite the process to get our CCW there. Long story short, we both grew up around firearms but are always lifelong learners. My question is, we're planning to do the LTC class online and go through a local instructor to complete the range proficiency portion. No offense, but every time I've reached out to somebody it's a dang sales call. I just don't want to deal with all the upselling nonsense. My wife and I take courses on our own. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Can anyone please recommend an instructor who can literally just take us through the range test? Again, I mean no disrespect to the community here.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    OK1.jpeg

And welcome.

If you are coming to Texas, we appreciate it very much, to make sure you leave California in your rear-view mirror, and as a bad memory to be forgotten.

Wipe your feet at the Texas state line, and close the gate on your way in!

Butters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    DFW
    View attachment 297369

And welcome.

If you are coming to Texas, we appreciate it very much, to make sure you leave California in your rear-view mirror, and as a bad memory to be forgotten.

Wipe your feet at the Texas state line, and close the gate on your way in!
    Only been here for 2 months, but checked out of CA a long, long time ago. Ha!

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    I highly recommend Texas Conceal Carry Institute in McKinney. Two great instructors, no attitude, fair prices, can help with ammo, etc., just great guys. Looks like they have an LTC range proficiency coming up on 1/15. Just shoot Phil an e-mail if you are interested?

Butters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    DFW
    I highly recommend Texas Conceal Carry Institute in McKinney. Two great instructors, no attitude, fair prices, can help with ammo, etc., just great guys. Looks like they have an LTC range proficiency coming up on 1/15. Just shoot Phil an e-mail if you are interested?

Thank you Chips!

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I received my instruction in the classroom instead of online, which was a great experience. Lots of good questions, lots of interaction, and it was fun. The range test was right after the classroom instruction, easy peasy. A good way to spend the day. Something to think about as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom