I'm looking for the following Marlin Levers:

39A
    444P
    444SS (w/1:20 Ballard rifling)
    444XLR
    1894 SS
    - stainless .44 Mag
    1894 CSS - stainless .357/.38

Other "interesting" Marlin rifles . . . .

If you've got one of these you'd be willing to part with, or if you come across one at a local Texas gun shop, pawn shop, etc., please let me know.

Thanks! :flag:
    Target Sports

Last edited:

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I have a friend who is trying to sell a stainless 336 to help someone close to him pay for unexpected funeral costs. He's asking $550, and is including ammo and a set of synthetic furniture in addition to the walnut.

5fe54f19270619fb4c031b801f6b4d44.jpg

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    35Remington - thanks for the lead. However, I'm not looking for any of the new "Remlin" 30/30's. If I hear of anyone looking for one, I'll be sure to point them in your direction.

Take care.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Serial no. on the right side of the receiver begins with an "MR" - on newer models (post 1968) these are all "Remlins". If it were a pre-Remlin rifle, the serial number would be numbers only (for all post-safety rifles) with the first two digits being a code for the year of manufacture. Some older pre-safety rifles (1968 and older) do have letters at the beginning of the serial number which, again, would indicate the year of manufacture. Also, prior to 2007, the serial no. would have been on the tang - not on the side of the receiver. Note also that a "JM" stamp on the barrel doesn't always mean a non-Remlin, as some early Remlins (circa 2011-2012?) were assembled using "leftover" JM stamped barrels. Clear as mud?

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Serial no. on the right side of the receiver begins with an "MR" - on newer models (post 1968) these are all "Remlins". If it were a pre-Remlin rifle, the serial number would be numbers only (for all post-safety rifles) with the first two digits being a code for the year of manufacture. Some older pre-safety rifles (1968 and older) do have letters at the beginning of the serial number which, again, would indicate the year of manufacture. Also, prior to 2007, the serial no. would have been on the tang - not on the side of the receiver. Note also that a "JM" stamp on the barrel doesn't always mean a non-Remlin, as some early Remlins (circa 2011-2012?) were assembled using "leftover" JM stamped barrels. Clear as mud?

I thought I knew a thing or two about Marlins. You are a trove of information! Thanks bud.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom