• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris_arnet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Looking for a club to shoot with in the DFW area, but can't find any. The only one I found is the "Dallas Pistol Club" and they have me on a waiting list until 2010. Im really looking for a group of people who can help me improve my skills with a handgun, and a good range. Paying dues or anything of the sort would not be a problem. I am wanting to shoot some local handgun matches by summer or around there, so am wishing to find one soon. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

-Chris
    Capitol Armory ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Be aware of the communication from the group founder. He only sends stuff out about meet ups etc. about 3-5 times a day.

Seriously though, they seem really active and have a lot of good training meet's as well as general social get togethers.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Looking for a club to shoot with in the DFW area, but can't find any. The only one I found is the "Dallas Pistol Club" and they have me on a waiting list until 2010. Im really looking for a group of people who can help me improve my skills with a handgun, and a good range. Paying dues or anything of the sort would not be a problem. I am wanting to shoot some local handgun matches by summer or around there, so am wishing to find one soon. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

-Chris

The DPC is actually in the process of upping there membership numbers so the waiting list is actually probably not that long. I was in the first group of new members for this year (january). I think of the 20 that got invites only 13 joined, so the list isn't as long as it looks. The are basically going to get about half the wait list I think in by the June, and then look at upping it some more plus attrition of old members.

You don't have to be a member to shoot in any of their matches. Also if you get out to the matches you may be able to hook up with one of the regulars who can get you in as a guest.

malladus

The Ineffable Aces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    The DFW Gun club is just off Mockingbird... decent small range, however the customer service kinda blows. Perhaps it's just the lack of staffing.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    private shooting clubs i can find in dfw (so far) on my webpage
    http://gibsonout.freewebpage.org/

Private Shooting Clubs and Ranges

haltomcityrpc.org
    haltomcityrpc.org/join.html

2100 Minnis Dr.
    HWY 121 and Minnis Dr.
    Haltom City
    ===================================
    Grand Prairie Gun Club

2330 Lower Tarrant Road
    Grand Prairie, TX 75053
    972-641-9940 (leave message)

Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday: 1 PM to 6:30 PM or dusk
    Monday: 5:30 PM to dusk
    Other times by prior arrangement: 8:30 AM to dusk

Current Facility: The current facility is on 65.076 acres of land and has
    100 and 200 yard rifle ranges;
    25 and 50 yard pistol ranges;
    a three bay archery range;
    one combination skeet and trap,
    one combination trap and 5-stand,
    and four skeet only fields.
    In 2003, we completed construction of our hunter education building.
    This 4800 square foot facility provides a classroom, member clubroom, and restrooms.

New Page 3

North Texas Shooters Association
    13878 Rector Road
    Sanger Tx
    (940) 458-4412

Johnson County Shooting Sports Association

JCSSA shooting range is 6465 FM 3136, Alvarado, TX.

Texas Hunter Education, CHL, & NRA First Steps Classes| Denton County Sports Association

Denton County Sports Association, Inc.
    Directions to DCSA | Denton County Sports Association
    indoor handgun and .22 rifles only
    Dallas Pistol Club

1830 W Belt Line Rd
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    (972) 242-9770

Directions to the Dallas Pistol Club

The Dallas Pistol Club is a private outdoor shooting facility located in the North Dallas suburb of Carrollton.
    Facilities include 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges, five bays for action pistol events, and an indoor airgun range.
    The clubhouse is air conditioned and has snack and beverage vending.
    Access is limited by a computer controlled automatic gate, unless the range is open for competitions or meetings.
    We hold competition matches for shotgun, bullseye pistol, action, and Olympic-style Air Pistol/Rifle.
    Please see the calendar for scheduled matches and the Competition page for descriptions.
    TERRELL RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

Terrel Rifle & Pistol Club
    17799 CR-345
    Terrell, TX 75161

tag2501

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Dallas TX
    I echo Malladus on the DPC experience. You can show up and shoot any of the weekend matches. they are glad to see you. Same fee as members (I think). Don't let the waiting list daunt you. I waited about 6 months. The membership year starts in February.

Club rules are reasonable, grounds are decent, very functional, and well maintained. Convenient depending on your location. Highly self-policed (a good thing). The board does a good job. Like most clubs. most members don't put in labor time so they do really well with the resources they have.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom