• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I am sure this gun has never been fired. Pretty wood stock. Like new. I am sure I have several boxes of ammo I picked up 2 years ago, that will come with.
    FTF preferred. $800
    Military Camp

Attachments

• 730484A2-1C3A-4A33-9F77-B00DD770C65E.jpeg
      730484A2-1C3A-4A33-9F77-B00DD770C65E.jpeg
      268.6 KB · Views: 217
    • 615F2460-9A2D-45A5-8DE5-9457E6A6A93C.jpeg
      615F2460-9A2D-45A5-8DE5-9457E6A6A93C.jpeg
      232.6 KB · Views: 213

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I understand it's new and not fired, but how old is that rifle?

Do you know when it was manufactured?

I looked it up years ago, and if I remember, the double RR meant it was made in the 1950s, if I remember correctly. I assumed I mis understood or searched incorrectly. The serial is visible in the picture

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I looked it up years ago, and if I remember, the double RR meant it was made in the 1950s, if I remember correctly. I assumed I mis understood or searched incorrectly. The serial is visible in the picture

That's the serial number. I need the two letter date code on the barrel just ahead of the serial number.

First of all, Remington didn't bring out the Model 700 until 1962, and that gun wasn't manufactured in the 1950's either.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    RR is pretty new, probably in the last 10 or so years.
    Nice rifle.

"RR" should denote November 1997 as to when the action was manufactured, and stamped. But Remington used the date codes on the barrels as to when the rifle was assembled at the factory. so the action could be older than than when it actually was assembled and boxed up for sale.

That is why I asked for the date code on the barrel. Should be a two letter code, telling month and year.

Bully

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    "RR" should denote November 1997 as to when the action was manufactured, and stamped. But Remington used the date codes on the barrels as to when the rifle was assembled at the factory. so the action could be older than than when it actually was assembled and boxed up for sale.

That is why I asked for the date code on the barrel. Should be a two letter code, telling month and year.
    Yup.
    I don't particularly care for date codes as they have never pertained to anything I do (I'm not a clone guy) but I do know that a lot of folks like the slightly older actions. I true everything up myself anyway so any imperfections are of no consequence to me.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yup.
    I don't particularly care for date codes as they have never pertained to anything I do (I'm not a clone guy) but I do know that a lot of folks like the slightly older actions. I true everything up myself anyway so any imperfections are of no consequence to me.
    DOM means a matter of what the rifle is worth to me. Also determines what trigger the rifle is equipped with, and whether it will need to be replaced. Also, many of the those Remington rifles in the past ten to fifteen years, seem more prone to rust issues as well.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Is a .243 close to a .270? I have a 30.06 but would to caliper down a little.
    .243 is to .308 brass what .270 is to 30.06 brass. All four, the parents and the offspring are great rounds and you really cannot go wrong with any of them. Hunting wise they can all pretty much* harvest anything in the USA.

*.243 is getting a bit small for elk, moose and grizz but with a good shot with a good bullet I would use it on anything but a Grizzly, but that's where your thirty-aught-six would shine.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Actually the .270 parent case is 30.03 (longer than 30.06).
    Correct my good man! I glossed over that wee bit of extra case length for the sake of simplicity and the analogy, much like Dalton's or even the plum pudding atomic model can still be used to describe elemental interactions at a basic level (though it is incorrect when pressed a bit harder)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Correct my good man! I glossed over that wee bit of extra case length for the sake of simplicity and the analogy, much like Dalton's or even the plum pudding atomic model can still be used to describe elemental interactions at a basic level (though it is incorrect when pressed a bit harder)

Quite true, in an elemental way! :banana:

The 30-06 was derived from the 30-03, as originally the 270 cases were derived from 30-03 brass with them being just a smidge longer. Most other cartridges were based off the 30-06.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom