• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I have a Buckmark Silhouette, and I would like to have the barrel fluted. 2 purposes, one would be to lighten the fore end of the pistol to make it easier to shoot accurately, and second just because I think it would look beautiful.

I need a recommendation for a gunsmith in the DFW area that has the skills and machinery available to do this
    wm_848887.jpg
    Texas SOT

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Please don't flute the barrel on this pistol! While not exactly collectable it is a desirable model to some (silhouette) shooters. I'll even buy it off of you (for reasonable price) to prevent the modifications. PM me for details.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Please don't flute the barrel on this pistol! While not exactly collectable it is a desirable model to some (silhouette) shooters. I'll even buy it off of you (for reasonable price) to prevent the modifications. PM me for details.

I appreciate your feelings on modifying a weapon. However, I have no intention of selling it, and fluting the barrel is just one small part of what would be changed, including Color Case Hardening the barrel. I like to customize my favorite pistols, since they're going to be mine until after I'm 6 feet under. You should see my HiPower, or my AR5.56, or my Henry 45/70.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    I appreciate your feelings on modifying a weapon. However, I have no intention of selling it, and fluting the barrel is just one small part of what would be changed, including Color Case Hardening the barrel. I like to customize my favorite pistols, since they're going to be mine until after I'm 6 feet under. You should see my HiPower, or my AR5.56, or my Henry 45/70.

Fair enough, at least I tried. Enjoy your Buckmark.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Metallurgically fluting the barrel may result in some very unwanted results. The barrel is stable now, fluting may cause warping or bending. This is because the barrel may react to the metal removal as internal stresses that are now balanced could suddenly release. By no means is this a certainty, but it could happen.

Top Bottom