• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    Back on January 9th I sent an email with a list of gun ranges over in the Ft Worth area to be added to the DFW area gun ranges list. I don't why they have not been added yet. Here is the list for the FTW shooters. My wife and I have used all but, Elk Castle and the Shooters Club. Maybe someone in admin can get these added to the list if anyone cares??

You forgot these or maybe don't know about them:

On Target Welcome To On Target Firearms Training Academy, Inc.

Elk Castle Elk Castle Shooting Sports - "Fort Worth's Finest in Firearms"

Winchester http://www.winchestergallery.com/

Texas CQB TX CQB

The Shooters Club Welcome to The Shooters Club, Fort Worth, Texas!

All public ranges. All have gun rentals. Some offer ranges for long guns. All are indoor.

Marty
    Target Sports

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks for the list. We go to Alpine. Been to Elm Fork too.
    Alpine 5482 Shelby Road, Fort Worth, TX 76140 (817) 478-6613
    Elm Fork 10751 Luna Road, Dallas, TX 75220 972-556-0103

martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    I don't think I will be able to get my wife to go to Alpine ever again.

We went there New Year's Day because that was the only range open to try her Taurus PT709 that had just return from a 5 week vacation in Miami. The things that we saw that day at the range were scarey. A bunch of newbies and hoodies that didn't have a clue about gun safety. There when the ranges goes cold you are supposed to leave your gun and ammo on the firing line and step back about 7 or 8 feet behind a yellow line. When everyone does this you can all go change your targets, when you comeback you are supposed to go behind the line again. We had people that would start loading their weapon and messing around on the firing line with people still down range. We encounted many rude people, like the three guys who had one between and were hogging three target lanes. The range safety officer was no where to be seen most of the time.

The only way we consider going back is on a weekday when everyone else is working and we have the place all to our selves. Just my $0.02

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    Dang. We've been to Alpine several times and have shot on handgun and rifle lanes. Never had an experience like that. It's always been the same range officer, an older guy, kinda tan complexion. He watches things without being right up on you. Other shooters have been polite. The crowd there can be quite diverse.

If you want a range with a more ... zealous range officer, try Elm Fork. The few times we went there, it felt like their guys were up our butts the whole time. They watch over folks like hawks in a dove field. Maybe they knew we were new to their range and gave us special attention. It was good that they held active order over the range; kinda like having a line to stand in at the bank rather than mobbing up to the counter like at Hams Tire. Feeling like every move I made was being scrutinized, not so good feeling. We'd g again though. It's not a bad place at all.

We've found at public ranges that it's a matter of how much discipline you and the crowd there at the time wants and needs. Sometimes you can get a few strangers who click into shooting together and sometimes you have some who need direction.

Being as that I've shot more in the woods than at ranges, though I'm not 'country', I tend to like the invisible observer range officers over the micro managers.

bci21984

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    mckinney
    Tom Bean (Ralphs Range)
    Phone: 903-546-6524
    Address: FM902 and Joe Bob Road, Tom Bean, TX
    Hours: Any Reasonable Time
    Fees: $3/Hour
    Highlights: Basically an open range with a 12 foot high 50 foot long berm. Has target stands for 1x2x8 posts (you bring 1x2x8 posts to tack targets to), Anything legal is allowed (speed shooting, holster draws, FMJ, AP, Tracer, Title I/II, .50 BMG, tannerite). ~120 yds max range. Bench/seated/standing/prone all allowed.

Top Bottom