• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If someone isn’t worth voting for, why vote for them? The very principal of the “lesser of two evils” ideology is what’s truly undermining democracy and keeping us in this cyclical hell of “opposing” candidates that are on the same team anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, it is called reality. This world is not perfect.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    However, I do not hold out hope would clean house like I know Trump will do......

Trump's greatest error in his first term was keeping around the last administration's personnel. Those traitors worked to undermine his policies and authority from Day One. I hope he's wised up and cleaned house in his own ranks....but his endorsements for "Republicans" like Abbott don't give me much faith.

If someone isn’t worth voting for, why vote for them? The very principal of the “lesser of two evils” ideology is what’s truly undermining democracy and keeping us in this cyclical hell of “opposing” candidates that are on the same team anyway.

^^^THIS!

If a candidate isn't worthy of your vote, you don't vote for that candidate....primary or general election. I didn't even bother voting for a Governor in the last election because none of the candidates were worth it. Texas Republicans screwed up the primaries enough that the general election really didn't matter....

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    No, it is called reality. This world is not perfect.

Correct it’s not. So all you can do is make a choice based on your own knowledge and integrity. I wouldn’t sacrifice my own integrity by voting for someone I didn’t truly believe was fit for the job just because he may be marginally better then the other guy.

That said I’m still torn on Desantis. Need more info before I decide one way or another.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    No matter the primary or candidate it's the democraps and dominion that will decide another crooked election.

Imagine if they spent 1% of the energy they use blathering about which TV Character they like best on eliminating the proprietary, closed-source software used in the election system.

It's so sad that America fell so easily.

Voting Works Hat.jpg

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

This is the cut off your nose to spite your face philosophy. That's why Biden is now president.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Correct it’s not. So all you can do is make a choice based on your own knowledge and integrity. I wouldn’t sacrifice my own integrity by voting for someone I didn’t truly believe was fit for the job just because he may be marginally better then the other guy.

That said I’m still torn on Desantis. Need more info before I decide one way or another.

I am not affecting my integrity one iota by choosing the better of two options.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The problem with the presidential election is how it's devolved. Election day should be just that, election DAY! Not election month. More people voted in the last presidential election than ever before. Why? Certainly there are a lot of people that don't like Trump, but many of them couldn't be bothered to go register, let alone go to a polling location. The pandemic was a perfect excuse. Democrats got people in cities to not only register them, but they set up ballot boxes in those same cities to where those same people delivered them for those that couldn't be bothered.

Certainly if you have the attitude of "why vote for someone that doesn't check all my boxes", you get a Biden. I don't like that I voted for McCain back in 2008, but that's because I really didn't want Obama as president. Certainly, don't vote, but then don't bitch when the next braindead puppet gets into office.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    More on DeSantis and Trump from Mark Dice...

I think he's right on, but you don't have to!

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Dream on. Trump is far from perfect, but he still has a bigger base than Ramaswamy ever will. I think you're stuck on things you don't like rather than what good he had done. I still consider Trump the best president in my lifetime.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Trump's greatest error in his first term was keeping around the last administration's personnel. Those traitors worked to undermine his policies and authority from Day One. I hope he's wised up and cleaned house in his own ranks....but his endorsements for "Republicans" like Abbott don't give me much faith.

^^^THIS!

If a candidate isn't worthy of your vote, you don't vote for that candidate....primary or general election. I didn't even bother voting for a Governor in the last election because none of the candidates were worth it. Texas Republicans screwed up the primaries enough that the general election really didn't matter....
    Great point! Speaking of primaries (and this is for anyone/everyone to answer), who controls them, specifically whether they're open or closed? This seems, to me, to be the start of the problem. We, as conservatives, need to be the ones choosing our candidates (no more Dr. Oz vs Fedderdumbo).

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    The problem with the presidential election is how it's devolved. Election day should be just that, election DAY! Not election month. More people voted in the last presidential election than ever before. Why? Certainly there are a lot of people that don't like Trump, but many of them couldn't be bothered to go register, let alone go to a polling location. The pandemic was a perfect excuse. Democrats got people in cities to not only register them, but they set up ballot boxes in those same cities to where those same people delivered them for those that couldn't be bothered.

Certainly if you have the attitude of "why vote for someone that doesn't check all my boxes", you get a Biden. I don't like that I voted for McCain back in 2008, but that's because I really didn't want Obama as president. Certainly, don't vote, but then don't bitch when the next braindead puppet gets into office.
    Election day = national day off (if we're gonna get serious about this).

Top Bottom