• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This resolution was more complicated than it looks. I hope y'all won't feel the need to spend a bunch of time speculating about what went on. It's really not pertinent to day-to-day TGT life.
    AND THE ICONSIDERATE NOOB DECIDED TO SEND ME A NASTY PM TELLING ME TO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS I'LL DEFEND HOJI WITH MY LAST BREATH@HOJI IS A GREAT PERSON AND I CONSIDER HIM A GOOD FRIEND AS WELL!
    Military Camp

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Dang. I missed a lot.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Cliff’s Notes version.

Angry boomer came inscreaming and flinging feces stating that libertarians are all homosexuals that cost republicans their erections but vote democrat when they are not voting for erect homosexuals but at the same time cause republicans to make erection mistakes thus causing republicans to lose erections.

Proceeds to send threatening PMs to libertarian members and gets the boot.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    There has been way too much political bickering on here lately.
    One is not going to convince the other how to and to whom vote for.

Exactly. I really tried to be patient with the dude myself but when the counter argument is “any vote not for a republican is a vote for a democrat” there’s just nowhere to go. Hoji went where I wanted to go with it but that’s the reason I recently got rid of Facebook. To refrain from arguing with idiots. Ya just can’t win against that level of stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Exactly. I really tried to be patient with the dude myself but when the counter argument is “any vote not for a republican is a vote for a democrat” there’s just nowhere to go. Hoji went where I wanted to go with it but that’s the reason I recently got rid of Facebook. To refrain from arguing with idiots. Ya just can’t win against that level of stupid.

I am here to serve.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Whew boy.

I couldn’t make it all the way through this thread.

Just a comment though.

If anyone thinks at this point that voting even matters, you haven’t been paying attention.

And yeah, I’m another angry “Boomer”.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I can't recall seeing a third party candidate I felt was the best candidate.

Just because they are "not establishment" does not mean they would be good in office.

I’m not saying they’d be a good candidate all the time either. My point is there are other choices and if you truly believe in democracy you will vote for whoever you think is right. Just because Trump is the candidate or Desantis or whoever is the republican candidate, that shouldn’t automatically win votes. If they’re garbage they’re garbage. I don’t care if they smell slightly cleaner than their opposition.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Don't pay much attention to what politicians say, the proof is in what they do. Folks get wrapped around the axle about something they think they heard, who the hell cares? Politicians never do what they say anyway.
    You can't go by honestly, integrity, morality, consistency, propriety and damn sure not speeches. These are not metrics appropriate to judging politicians. If that was the case the only vote I ever cast would be the one for Ross Perot!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I believe that intelligent voters vote their conscience and would vote for "the best person" because they are thoughtful people and care about the system. Many on this site are like that and therefore will vote libertarian or whatever. The fact that their candidate can not win doesn't matter, they sleep well at night. The democrats though are in two classes, a minority of super rich and a majority of those with their hands out looking for freebies. That democrat majority doesn't think, they just vote in block no matter who the candidate is and they sleep well with the perks that they get. Therefore we get brain dead people like Fetterman in office and have a senile president. Many of my family fit that democrat majority of block voters, unfortunately.
    The last presidential election I read came down to about 70,000 votes in critical states deciding the electoral college. Is there anyone on this forum that sleeps well with Biden as president? Your abstaining to vote for a not so great republican is just one of the 70,000 votes that put Biden in. And I believe that republicans and true independents are the more informed voters and are most likely to vote their conscience but the results are democrat wins and therefore these votes are the cut off your nose to spite your face voters, and we have President Biden destroying our country.
    The primary of course is where you can hopefully make your idealistic views count. But when it comes to the general election if you are a conservative and don't vote republican (hold your nose if need be) you are giving your vote to the democrats. If Cornyn wins the primary, I vote for him. If Tim Scott wins the primary I vote for him. Our borders are wide open allowing millions of future democrats in to win elections for (not libertarians) democrats. I voted for Perot and he was almost a great president wasn't he. I learned my lesson. Have you?

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Who are you responding to? I said you can no longer judge politicians by character and that what they say is less than truthful. I said IF we did judge by those characteristics, no politician has met that bar to me since Ross Perot. I did vote for him, that's how I learned you don't really vote for the best but against the worst.
    In the absence of any good choice, I, like most, vote for the most electable conservative. I have never abstained from voting.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Who are you responding to? I said you can no longer judge politicians by character and that what they say is less than truthful. I said IF we did judge by those characteristics, no politician has met that bar to me since Ross Perot. I did vote for him, that's how I learned you don't really vote for the best but against the worst.
    In the absence of any good choice, I, like most, vote for the most electable conservative. I have never abstained from voting.
    DITTO!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Trump did some not so good things the first time around, I have to agree with that. BUT! He also did some really good things. Tried to do more. And with no help until it was too late.
    I voted for Cruz. When he lost, I voted for Trump. Did again in 2020 too. Who I vote for in 2024 will depend on who is in the pimaries and who wins it.
    In all likelyhood, it will be Republican unless someone really, really bad wins the primary and there is any other decent choice. The only thing I can say for sure, it will damned sure NOT be a democrat. Ever.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Trump did some not so good things the first time around, I have to agree with that. BUT! He also did some really good things. Tried to do more. And with no help until it was too late.
    I voted for Cruz. When he lost, I voted for Trump. Did again in 2020 too. Who I vote for in 2024 will depend on who is in the pimaries and who wins it.
    In all likelyhood, it will be Republican unless someone really, really bad wins the primary and there is any other decent choice. The only thing I can say for sure, it will damned sure NOT be a democrat. Ever.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    The next president will be either a democrat or a republican so voting outside of those parties is a wasted vote. I know you know that without my input.

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom