• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Lake Lewisville has several populations supposedly, although I dont know where. I'll bet the green belt trail that's been closed for 5 years north of 380 would have some, along with a purported bigfoot who frequents the area between the lakes.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    This topic came up on our Neighbor Next Door this weekend. Someone posted this map I thought was kinda cool-

1623027427904.png

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Dawned on me, maybe some folks didn’t follow my ‘Florida Man’ comment. It was my first “introduction” to the ‘Florida Man’ jargon/concept from several years back.

I read a News report of a Florida State Trooper pulling a guy over for speeding on one of their Interstate highways. Of course, with ‘Florida Man’ ya never know if you’re dealing with a truly crazy person or just a guy drugged out of his mind (or maybe both). Cop looks in this guy’s back seat and sees a six foot long LIVE alligator. Of course he pulls the guy out of his car and proceeds to secure the situation. During the course of handling the situation, cop asks Florida Man WHY he has a six foot long live alligator in his backseat? Florida Man says he picked up the gator hitchhiking and the gator had told him, he needed a lift to some lake just up the road! True story - according to the news report. And that was my first introduction to the idea behind ‘Florida Man’.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    We have them in the Lampasas River south of Killeen and in Stillhouse lake. Used to have a 12 footer.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Dawned on me, maybe some folks didn’t follow my ‘Florida Man’ comment. It was my first “introduction” to the ‘Florida Man’ jargon/concept from several years back.

I read a News report of a Florida State Trooper pulling a guy over for speeding on one of their Interstate highways. Of course, with ‘Florida Man’ ya never know if you’re dealing with a truly crazy person or just a guy drugged out of his mind (or maybe both). Cop looks in this guy’s back seat and sees a six foot long LIVE alligator. Of course he pulls the guy out of his car and proceeds to secure the situation. During the course of handling the situation, cop asks Florida Man WHY he has a six foot long live alligator in his backseat? Florida Man says he picked up the gator hitchhiking and the gator had told him, he needed a lift to some lake just up the road! True story - according to the news report. And that was my first introduction to the idea behind ‘Florida Man’.

As a former resident of Florida, I can believe it!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Permanent gator population numbers in Tarrant & Denton Counties. Lake Worth, Lake Lewisville and Trinity River bottoms of Eagle Mountain Lake are specifically mentioned in the video below. A rather healthy looking (OR she’s pregnant) ten footer is shown. Personally, I ain’t gettin close enough to inquire!

Last edited:

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I love watching Lone Star Law on Animal Planet. The show follows several game wardens around the state, and it must be close to every other episode will have one of the wardens wrestling a gator out of a bayou, drainage ditch, or stock pond.

I’m not a fan of “reality tv” but the show has taught me more about the different regions and animals of Texas than I ever learned in school.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

fla2tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2021
    Northlake
    How many gators are there in any given lake? I’m from central Florida and there can be dozens in an average sized lake. As a teenager we would go out on the lake at night and shine a spotlight across the lake and see the reflection of their eyes and in some lakes they were literally everywhere.

I had no idea they were here until I saw this thread.

fla2tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2021
    Northlake
    …and before someone asks, I don’t have any “Florida man” stories about gators. I have no idea why it seems like Florida has the dumbest hicks in the country.

Top Bottom