Join TexasGunTalk

Dental phobia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mohawk600, Nov 18, 2019.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Yep, same here. Some damn lazy military dentist tried to convince me it wasn't necessary. He was wrong.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  2. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Odd, as in my firsthand experience the sedation for such a procedure is just enough to put you in la-la land, but not enough that they can't bring you out quickly if necessary. During my first, I was awoken to be shown something on the monitor I never wanted to see or want to see again in my life. As LT Jim 'Wash Out' Pfaffenbach once so elegantly stated, "Ain't no man going to take that route with me!"

3. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I bet TxStetson is so bad ass that he eats cheerios during his colonoscopies....and enjoy's it going in as well as coming out.

He probably keeps a spreadsheet of his "anal intrusions"......I mean frequent colonoscopies.

4. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    You're gonna need a reliable, manly caliber.40S&W only.

Southpaw, ZX9RCAM and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. TX OMFS

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Risks & benefits. Wisdom tooth removal is lower risk than the surgeries you mentioned.

Southpaw and toddnjoyce like this.
  6. TX OMFS

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    What they don't tell you in the ads is you will be on a mush & liquid diet for 3 months of healing or so. You usually, not always, get the teeth on day 1 but you won't be chowing down. You're putting light forces across 4 or more implants tied together.

Also, with full implants the exact position of each implant isn't critical. We have lots of wiggle room and can even angle them up to 45 degrees.

With a single tooth position of the implant is much more important. Often times the extraction socket needs to fully heal so the implant can go in the "exact" right spot. You're also mechanically able to put much more force on a single tooth implant opposed by natural teeth than you are to put on each implant in the full implant method. If the implants move much at all during healing the bone won't fuse to them and you lose them. Giving the single implant time to heal without being used increases success.

All that said, in some cases we can remove a single bad tooth, place an immediate implant that day, and put a temporary tooth on the implant that is intentionally a little bit short so you can't touch it with the opposing teeth when clenching your teeth together while trying to unjam your 1911.

7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You’re a funny bastard.

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Last sentence is gold.....

ETA: Ninja'd by TNJ.

Southpaw and toddnjoyce like this.
  9. studenygreg

studenygreg Active Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I totally agree with this other than the 1911 snip. I've worked for 2 "teeth in a day" operations. I know the process extremely well. There is a few appointment before surgery day and several afterwards. Every case is different. Some come out good and some bad. Please follow your post op instructions. Patient compliance is o e of the biggest things your provider cant do anything about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TX OMFS likes this.
  10. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well I mean funny funny, not funny ha-ha. But whatever.

ZX9RCAM likes this.