• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I think if you download the 4473 from the ATF website and read the instructions on the back that you should have answered no to question 21F. At Academy they use an Ipad and I don't know if the instructions are available when you fill the form out.
    This is of course not legal advice but my interpretation of the ATF instructions on the 4473.
    Good luck with your next try at a purchase.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Did I answer incorrectly and misinterpret it or did i answer it accurately? …
    Page 5 of the 4473 provides the following guidance.

Question 21.f. Adjudicated as a Mental Defective: A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease: (1) is a danger to himself or to others; or (2) lacks the mental capacity to contract or man- age his own affairs. This term shall include: (1) a finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and (2) those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility.

Committed to a Mental Institution: A formal commitment of a person to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority. The term includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes com- mitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution.

Given a thorough review of the relevant records, I would be surprised if you are required to mark ‘Yes’ for that question.

Good luck.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That is correct I did answer yes to F, so when I was going through the issues I spent the night at the hospital as a precaution but was allowed to leave the next day, so I was not sure if that counted as being admitted?

Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

Note the question does NOT say admitted it says committed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You guys know that when you respond to a question with “ go over to the intro section and introduce yourself” after someone introduces them selves in a post asking for advice, that you come across like the safety man on a job site that stops your job and asks “Do you have a minute to talk about safety?”

In other words, very condescending.

Hey, hey, hey!

I was doing a two for one to up my post count!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I say lie lie and lie some more. Its what your government wants. There is no problem if the form is filled out correctly. Honesty will ruin you with the government.
    If the OP is a BATFE troll now he has the answer he was fishing for.
    you are welcome, or am I telling a lie, see above.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well, bless your heart - or his. I enjoy reading the banter between a few buds. One of the best things about this forum.

I call him my Yankee half brother, because where he is from in Indiana before he moved to Texas, I still have lots of family there on my mother's side of the family. Lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles there. My grandparents are buried there as well.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    a348c52808853974cf928a7d1b7edf6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support