• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    “I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they’re prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures.

Perhaps the Rep. should resign since he is not upholding the US Constitution.
    Hurley's Gold

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    “I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they’re prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures.

That was my first thought.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    So your claim only applies to
    door to door confiscation? Lol

and yes those officers are under orders and are disobeying them
    No, I sure didn’t say that it only applied to door-to-door confiscation.
    I did imply you are making an apples to oranges comparison.
    So which police departments are ordering their officers to go out and find 30 round mags for sale and confiscate them and/or prosecute the owners.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

I have said this many times for politicians that are against the 2nd.
    They talk a good game about how patroitic they are for the country but want to shit on the one right that guarantees all rights.

An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...But if I am not mistaken, don't the NG also swear to uphold and defend the Constitution?
    Not the legislators or the govenor?
    It’s almost identical. I’ve sworn more than a few Guardsmen into service. The change is in bold below.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    So does Trump trump the Governor since the POTUS is above governor with NG chain of command?
    Maybe State rights take over?
    Or do the citizens say come & take it :machine:

Should be a interesting history lesson for all of us. My standard cap mags are waiting with my popcorn.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It’s almost identical. I’ve sworn more than a few Guardsmen into service. The change is in bold below.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.
    Key point,
    The Constitution and The State come first.
    The orders of part are LAWFUL orders.

It is not insubordination or disobeying orders if the orders are unlawful orders or are clearly unconstitutional in nature.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Nope. The Gov is El Hefe Grande as long as the guard isnt federalized. See hurricane Katrina and the bullshit that caused because the governor didnt want to let go of that. Also Federalized guard troops can not participate in any law enforcement duties while state guard soldiers can.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cops in Colorado are doing it every day by not enforcing the mag ban. 30 round mags are openly for sale in shops.

Cops every day who are ordered not to turn over illegals to ICE are disobeying those orders and diming illegals to ICE.

I know many cops who do not arrest for minor drug offenses.

Our country is in the early stages of anarchy where everybody thinks they can decide what laws apply and what do not. It is only going to get worse.
    Or better

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I worked in the Watts area in LA in the early 60's and saw the national guard driving around with 50 cal machine guns mounted on the back of their jeeps. They used them too and I remember a milkman delivering milk was killed by them. Do not go with the idea that the military will not follow orders from above. In what country do you see the military not following dictatorial powers? Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, China, Syria? Forgot Cambodia.
    I think it is wishful thinking that you believe that American forces will not fight American people. And then you have Waco.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If it comes down to all out confiscation and armed resistance, it ain't going to be pretty for anyone.
    I still hold out hope that the Constitution wins out. I know that similar laws are already on the books in some places but these combined are potentialy worse than a lot of places. Potentially enough to cause total chaos and armed conflict. Let us hope that if they do pass that SCOTUS will step in and squash them before it gets to that point. If they don't, it ain't going to be fun for either side or those in the middle.

Top Bottom