Join TexasGunTalk

Delete a forum?

Discussion in 'Articles & How-Tos' started by Caseycole, Sep 27, 2019.

1. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    This ^^^^^^
    It’s all one needs to know. It’s just that simple and unfortunately the way it is.

I’m so glad we didn’t have the internet in 1980. I’d probably still be in prison . It’s one thing to be an idiot but another to show the world you’re an idiot. At 18, I resembled this remark.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  2. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I have only known one "event" that was completely removed from the Internet, and that was done by one of the few organizations in the world that has the power to do so. Nothing more needs to be said about it.

There is also an infamous video of a now-senior USAF officer from back when he was a captain in Korea that he has been fighting to have removed for years. His luck is that the song he and his comrades made up for it is now copyrighted, so now anytime it is posted they have it taken down for infringement. I am sure that was the idea of some savvy lawyer, but the video still remains in the seedy underbelly of the Internet and pops up on occasion only to be eventually removed once he finds out. He was recently involved in imposing discipline on a junior officer, and that video sprang up like wildflowers after a wet Texas spring rain.

Bottom line: What you share on the ol' Interwebz will be around long after all of us aren't....

toddnjoyce likes this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I LIKE TURTLES!!

(in case Google missed it the hundred other times I said it)

Davetex likes this.
  4. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Google didn't miss it.

TxStetson, Southpaw and ZX9RCAM like this.
  5. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Lifetime Member Forum Sponsor

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It absolutely would be admissible and used against you.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce likes this.
  6. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What's the name of the song?

7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    .Col Derek O’Malley took some heat over a his Gold Bond video during his time in Korea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...ed-Zeo-Kotnik-bizarre-video-15-years-ago.html

That’s not the only one though.

I’ll also say there’s a reason I’ve never hung around when a camera or phone came out to record something for posterity. That shit just never works out right, someone always gets butt hurt, and bad things start to happen.

Much like video killed the radio star, cell phones and cameras killed off the last vestiges of men like Robin Olds, unfortunately.

Today’s kinder, gentler military just doesn’t allow for blowing off steam and, quite honestly, crushes any opportunity to parody some of the absurd shit we go through.

Seriously, the great purge of 2012 eradicated Maxim magazines from the TOC in a combat zone, yet allowed Cosmopolitan to remain. That’s the kind of stuff we were busy occupying our time with in AFG less than a month after the Bastion/Leatherneck attack.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  8. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You're kidding, right?

I grew up where the corner barber shop kept Playboy magazines for the patrons to read. It was the first place I ever picked one up in the presence of my father. With that background, it's tough for me to adapt to this modern world. I sorta figured a combat zone was still a place where men could be men. I guess not.

9. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That is fantastic :laughing:
    That's a real missed opportunity if they punished him instead of putting him on AFN. He should just accept the fact he'll never make it past full bird and just own that.

Better to ask forgiveness than ask permission. They can't kick out everyone...

10. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sadly, no

http://www.allgov.com/news/unusual-...tos-of-scantily-clad-women-121210?news=846435