• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I am working on defining some general defense conditions so I can have some additional structure to my home defense planning.

My home environment: Basic 1 bedroom single floor apartment with just myself there.

Here is what I have at the moment. Any helpful feedback or suggestions are welcome.

(Standard condition) - Pistol loaded in an open accessible area nearby.

(Possible threat in my general area) - Pistol loaded and directly carried. Loaded magazines available as needed.

(Specific active threat in my general area) - Pistol loaded and directly carried + Subgun or carbine loaded in an accessible area nearby. Loaded magazines available as needed.

(Specific active threat in a very close area) - Pistol + Subgun or carbine loaded and directly carried. Loaded magazines available as needed.
    Texas SOT

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    There’s only two defense conditions.

1. Get the helmet.

2. Put the damn helmet on.

ETA: your concerns requires certain triggers or information to be available and processed. Change your thought process.

When you’re awake, you’re armed. When you’re asleep, you have ready access to a firearm.

This requires something to wake you in enough time to get assess and get armed. That requires some sort of alarm.

Last edited:

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Sounds like a good plan to me. The only thing I might add to the equation is get your self a little mouse gun to carry around on your person. I have a NAA .22 LR five slapper that stays in my right front pocket year round. The theory being it might make the bad guys duck and cover enough till I can step and fetch the .12 gauge just inside the front door. Makes me feel more comfortable when taking out the trash..getting the mail..taking the Shitzu for a walk around the block in nice weather and just homey home type stuff like that. Not sure whats up with the rooks wearing helmets. That sounds sorta kinky.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    When you’re awake, you’re armed. When you’re asleep, you have ready access to a firearm.

This requires something to wake you in enough time to get assess and get armed. That requires some sort of alarm.

Yes that is a significant issue with my current arrangement so I am looking into options to address that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yes that is a significant issue with my current arrangement so I am looking into options to address that.

Simplisafe makes an elegant, wireless solution. When asleep, bedroom door is locked and secured from the inside with a door block.

The entry alarm and door blocks by you time.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

What part is a “significant issue” with your “current arrangement”?

If that’s code for your whatever whoever in your relationship believes you should be doing, you might want to re-evaluate that relationship.

Personal security is at the bottom of Maslow’s hierarchy. If you desire to be armed and your ‘other’ says a firearm only belongs in the safe, unloaded, with the ammo in another safe three counties away, there is some significant decisions you need to make.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    There’s only two defense conditions.

1. - Keep Calm and RTFU

2. - Keep Calm and RTFD

.........requires something to wake you in enough time to get assess and get armed. That requires some sort of alarm.
    Uh Huh.
    When she says "Get Up!" by God I get up.

IMG_1586.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1586.JPG
      IMG_1586.JPG
      62.3 KB · Views: 266

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth

If that’s code for your whatever whoever in your relationship believes you should be doing, you might want to re-evaluate that relationship.

Personal security is at the bottom of Maslow’s hierarchy. If you desire to be armed and your ‘other’ says a firearm only belongs in the safe, unloaded, with the ammo in another safe three counties away, there is some significant decisions you need to make.
    There ya go. Guns come far down the scale from food and water. I am having flashbacks from Freshmen health class on this deal. Did yall watch the reefer madness movie?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

I open carry in the house, often and frequently. Out in the yard? Armed, open and on the hip.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Ok..for those interested in cop stuff..can somebody tell us why so many young affirmative action hires are shooting folks in their own apartments in Dallas or shooting live ammo at folks when they think they are launching a Tazer? Not to mention the lady cop over in Foat Wurth a few years back who held her button down too long and fricassed the angry young Obummer supporter? Apparently a human body cant stand 50 thousand volts for a miniute and a half and still come out ok on the far end. I would call the Texas Hammer to go get some money if it was me.
    https://www.aele.org/law/2012all06/2012-06MLJ101.pdf

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I have battery operated, code activated motion detectors in my rural home. One located just inside each entrance. They are loud and work very well. No wires.

And the bedroom door is locked and barred from the inside - where me and the dogs and the warden sleep.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I spent 20 years shagging alarm calls from dumb yup alarm systems without ever finding a bad guy on the premises. Alarm sales men pitch heat...but as long as cajuns believe it..thats good enough for we'uns. Do know all the hysterical ladies who believe it are well armed and are willing to shoot the first booger who rings the door bell cause their hubbies are out trying to earn enough money to make the house payments. Thats why smart folks always stand off to one side when they ring the door bell at 3 AM. Kindly dont make me come down there. Thanks

Top Bottom