Texas SOT

Defender Tactical, anyone here used their Mossberg piece?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    It sounds great but the OpSol piece sounded great as well. And this one is just a little bit more expensive.

I work in a pawn shop and was on the fence about buying a Shockwave S we had but I sold it. I'm pretty vested in mini slugs.

Just looking for real people experience with their product.

Thanks
    Target Sports

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    What are you asking about? Opsol, 590S , or the defender?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >
    As previously reported, I had a great education in shotguns. Although an 870 fan, I loved the Model 12 and its predecessor, “the knuckle skinner”. I now have several 870 SF & Tactical models. But my full-size Mossberg functions flawlessly, too.

IMO, all those modern accoutrements I see attached to butchered pump guns just detract from the weapon’s utility.

Yes, the bbls longer than 18” are useless anachronisms.

But, the pistol stocks, light sabers, breaching tools, sidesaddle shell carriers, strobes, cameras, etc., & especially the pistol grip pump slides, are fetishes & detract from usefulness.

My opinion.

leVieux

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Mini shells in anything other than a single shot or double barrel will take a hit to reliability. Not all guns are the same, some are more sensitive to shell length than others, but none are immune.

Best course of action is to shoot up your mini slugs and replace them with THESE

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Mini shells in anything other than a single shot or double barrel will take a hit to reliability. Not all guns are the same, some are more sensitive to shell length than others, but none are immune.

Best course of action is to shoot up your mini slugs and replace them with THESE

Your link, after a bunch of redirects, took me here.
    7d963d1d87424c7bf7bfa6b01f0d19d5.jpg

The second time I clicked your link, the browser returned “link expired”.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just now saw this, but yes, I do have the Defender Tactical adapter installed in my 590A1. It replaced the OPSOL I had installed. I never had any problem with the OPSOL adapter. It cycled mini shells just fine. The Defender Tactical does too, with the added benefit of being able to mix mini shells with standard size shells. I like that it is a semi permanent installation.

I ahven't really put the Defender Tactical through it's paces, but I did shuck several tubes of different size shells through it with no problems.
    The Defender Tactical attachment for feeding minishells.

Sorry for the confusion.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    It sounds great but the OpSol piece sounded great as well. And this one is just a little bit more expensive.

I work in a pawn shop and was on the fence about buying a Shockwave S we had but I sold it. I'm pretty vested in mini slugs.

Just looking for real people experience with their product.

Thanks

I like Defender Tactical’s mini shell adapter. More so than the OPSol.

Did a few videos with their products and am satisfied with the cost, value, performance. On the last shotgun card one at about the 8:48 mark I shot the mini shells every other round with my shockwave. Probably shot 20 mini shells and 80 shotgun shells that day. Worked good. Unloading you can push down on the flap and release rounds out the bottom if you don’t want to cycle the pump. I liked the adapter I bought a second set after I installed and tested the fist one.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

The opsol I have in my shockwave has been flawless for several hundred rounds of the minis.

The Aguila and Federal #4 both has effectively dropped medium sized pigs shot across a 20’ corral trap. As in shot and dropped. I am perfectly comfortable relying on the combination of opsol and mini shells as a motel 6 defense gun.

If I was toting in grizzly country, it would be 2-3/4” slugs and the opsol would be in the backpack.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    The opsol I have in my shockwave has been flawless for several hundred rounds of the minis.

The Aguila and Federal #4 both has effectively dropped medium sized pigs shot across a 20’ corral trap. As in shot and dropped. I am perfectly comfortable relying on the combination of opsol and mini shells as a motel 6 defense gun.

If I was toting in grizzly country, it would be 2-3/4” slugs and the opsol would be in the backpack.

I know some have had issues with the OPSol causing a few jams and even popping out. Years ago they were the only option.

When I looked at the OPSol and the Mossberg S Models I felt the OPSol was better. When I looked at Defender Tactical I felt it was a better mouse trap and went with them to try and was happy enough to buy another.

I do want to try some of the Nobel Mini buckshots.

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I replaced an OpSol on a shockwave with the Defender Tactical, just to have flexibility of handling any shells.
    I have not really put it to hard testing, but it cycles everything well.......except 3 inch shells, they are a bit of a pain. I only found that out because a friend had left some 3 inch shells with me, I have never bought that size, so it isn't a big deal to me.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

I don't see much of a point to them. You don't choose a 12 gauge for it's huge capacity and lower power and potentially questionable reliability.

The only real point to the mini shells is if someone reproduced the techno mag-7 and chambered them in it.
    Techno-Arms-MaG-7-RH-Side.jpg

Top Bottom