Join TexasGunTalk

Deer Season 2019

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by SC-Texas, Sep 30, 2019.

1. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I have a few, but forgot to bring them with me. But it was drizzly enough that it wouldn't have fluoresced any way.

2. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I am on a new place, and had some health issues last fall when I was setting up. A friend helped me pick a spot. Trouble is its a too narrow field of vision, like maybe 60 yards wide. Planning to move my blind to the top of a hill, and feeder to different spot. I should have three lanes to look at then, and all three will allow for up to appx 140 yd shots, and appx 80 degrees of vision.

The landowner is also clearing cedars out too. That should help. My current spot does not allow vision to see deer moving to / from the feeders.

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Good binoculars are amazing for seeing a wide field of view. Even in dense cover that you would normally not see something with the naked eye.

jordanmills likes this.
  4. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yep. I bought a nice pair of Nikons about 5 years ago. They made a huge difference. Problem on my new lease is that the cedar is crazy thick. Looking forward to them having some of that gone. They are clearing some of it out this summer.

Hey, look at my thread about mailing my gun in. Need some help.

5. Lonesome Dove

Lonesome Dove Active Member TGT Supporter

Sep 25, 2018
    Texas
    I let all the does and spikes walk this year. Concentrating on pigs and yotes.

jordanmills likes this.