• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Just picked up a bottle of this stuff and i am impressed. Its awesome!!

Made in Texas too

1 part DEV
    1 part Lemonade

:ohnoes:

558167_3905704572539_294748906_n.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Thanks for the heads up. I will be trying some. I was a Grey Goose guy for many years until I was talked into trying Tito's Handmade from Austin. I have not purchased another bottle of Grey Goose since. It's good to see that other vodkas from Texas are showing up on the shelves. So far I've tried every Texas vodka that I've come across and none have the quality that Tito's has. One thing that I have noticed though is the lack of infused or flavored Texas vodkas, which is easy enough to fix if you're willin to do a little experimentation.

I'm still looking for a good Texas whiskey. I've tried several so far with Rebecca Creek being the one that sticks out in my mind the most, and not in a good way. Serves me right for drinking so much Canadian blended.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Thanks for the heads up. I will be trying some. I was a Grey Goose guy for many years until I was talked into trying Tito's Handmade from Austin. I have not purchased another bottle of Grey Goose since. It's good to see that other vodkas from Texas are showing up on the shelves. So far I've tried every Texas vodka that I've come across and none have the quality that Tito's has. One thing that I have noticed though is the lack of infused or flavored Texas vodkas, which is easy enough to fix if you're willin to do a little experimentation.

I'm still looking for a good Texas whiskey. I've tried several so far with Rebecca Creek being the one that sticks out in my mind the most, and not in a good way. Serves me right for drinking so much Canadian blended.

its really good. from what i get, they didnt just pour sweet tea into some vodka.
    It’s the magical result of what happened when Sweet Leaf Tea founder Clayton Christopher teamed up with Savvy Vodka distiller, Chad Auler (Also of Fall Creek Vineyards) to marry two fantastic beverages: Iced Tea and vodka. But make no mistake, this isn’t some half-cocked concept where a distiller takes a little bit of his vodka and pours a little bit of tea into a bottle, slaps a pretty new label on it and sells it at a premium. These guys don’t play like that.

Instead, Auler and Christopher started with quality Texas ingredients including South Texas corn, Hill Country spring water, and Goodflow Honey. They developed a clean, crisp vodka, distilled 10-times in a rare column-style still, infused it with a highly concentrated black tea, and added a little honey. They bottled it, and named it after one of the most refreshing landmarks in Austin: Deep Eddy Pool, which happens to be one of the oldest spring-fed swimming pools in Texas.

to me, right out of the bottle it taste like someone took really good vodka and dropped some tea bags into it and boiled it (much like you would do to make regular tea, but with vodka instead of water). Its strong on the tea side, almost syrupy, but not. Thats why it mixes so well as 1 part to 1 part.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas

You need to try Garrison Brother's Texas bourbon! It is awesome!!! And distilled in Hye, TX (about 20mi outside of Johnson City.) Awesome stuff! Oh and a pic or three:
    011877f2.jpg

746c530f.jpg

330e0aa3.jpg

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Looks like I need to go liquor shopping this weekend, good thing I'm off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, lord please forgive me for what I'm about to do to my liver

Top Bottom