• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Now don't go thinking I'm some kind of Karen, lol. The bad thing about the internet is you only read words on a page, you don't actually know the people behind them. If only you knew me..... actually that might scare some people away from me, lol. Somewhere on this forum is the thread from the January 6th protest. I meant what I said there, no one else wanted to join me then, that would have been worth the pain and suffering and even my death, not sure my family would agree though, Anyway, I made my choice on the vax crap, if I made a bad choice and let others down then I guess I'm guilty, I've screwed up a lot of things before so it's nothing new for me,
    I know me, and luckily all my kids and wife is gone, so I don't need to use them as an excuse. Certainly when I was younger I worried about a job more, but even looking back I wouldn't have traded my livelihood our my conscience for any of those jobs. To me, no job is worth that. I went through rough times and good times when my kids were growing up, so I know what's good for me and my family. I also tried to be a role model for my family, so nothing I ever did was compromise freedom for my families well being. You have freedom of choice, so do what you believe is right, doesn't matter what others say or think.
    ARJ Defense ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Everyone is hiring right now.
    Depends on what you're looking for. I've sent out over 300 applications in the past year and only gotten a couple interviews. That is highly unusual. I've been told by two different people in job recruitment that companies have been posting jobs with no intention to hire. Speculation on why is... interesting.

You also have to consider this mask and jab bullshit. I was at NTB the other day and they had multiple help wanted signs up. The guys helping me out were wearing masks. I asked them if they had to because of company policy or if they just wanted to. They said it was required anytime they were in the presence of a customer, and they would be fired if they didn't. Yeah, good luck with hiring more people.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wish I had a union to back me up….
    Unions aren’t the panacea they claim to be.

I'm in a union and it's not looking like they have the stomach to out up any fight. …

Have you read the CBA? Generally speaking, the union likely waived the right to bargain over unilateral workplace safety and health policies (it’s a common stipulation), which is where vaccine mandates fall. Where the union bargaining rep/team should be engaged is implementation..the 5Ws and compensation related to those conditions.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I know me, and luckily all my kids and wife is gone, so I don't need to use them as an excuse. Certainly when I was younger I worried about a job more, but even looking back I wouldn't have traded my livelihood our my conscience for any of those jobs. To me, no job is worth that. I went through rough times and good times when my kids were growing up, so I know what's good for me and my family. I also tried to be a role model for my family, so nothing I ever did was compromise freedom for my families well being. You have freedom of choice, so do what you believe is right, doesn't matter what others say or think.
    A lot of people use many things as why they can't, or don't want to lose their job, and I understand that. Wife, kids, house payment, bills to pay and ect.

I have walked away from good paying jobs, because I refused to put a price on my dignity and self respect. That's just how my father raised me though. I can look back in hindsight now, and imagine just how much more successful and well off I could be right now, if I had been more compliant and played the game their way. But, I get to look at myself everyday in the mirror, and be proud of the man I am, and have become because of what my father taught me. And that is worth more than money.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Wish I had a union to back me up, nothing for the little man. And to those that think we should just up and quit and look for another job, can you pay my bills and mortgage while I'm looking? The whole tech industry is being farmed out to India and Pakistan, I'm sure I'll find a job that pays the same quickly in this market. I also have a bridge to sell too if anyone is interested.
    Don't recall anyone here saying to quit first. Find another job, then quit. Job market is very favorable right now. I don't know of anyone who isn't having a hard time hiring help.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Depends on what you're looking for. I've sent out over 300 applications in the past year and only gotten a couple interviews. That is highly unusual. I've been told by two different people in job recruitment that companies have been posting jobs with no intention to hire. Speculation on why is... interesting.

You also have to consider this mask and jab bullshit. I was at NTB the other day and they had multiple help wanted signs up. The guys helping me out were wearing masks. I asked them if they had to because of company policy or if they just wanted to. They said it was required anytime they were in the presence of a customer, and they would be fired if they didn't. Yeah, good luck with hiring more people.
    Are you still looking? If so, what type job? If you want to PM I will try to help if I can.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A lot of people use many things as why they can't, or don't want to lose their job, and I understand that. Wife, kids, house payment, bills to pay and ect.

I have walked away from good paying jobs, because I refused to put a price on my dignity and self respect. That's just how my father raised me though. I can look back in hindsight now, and imagine just how much more successful and well off I could be right now, if I had been more compliant and played the game their way. But, I get to look at myself everyday in the mirror, and be proud of the man I am, and have become because of what my father taught me. And that is worth more than money.
    Twice left jobs because I refused to compromise on ethics. Once with very young kids and thin wallet. Another time with college to pay for. Was extremely tough, but the Good Lord provided (even if it was at the last possible instant). But I was able to pass on to my kids the good name my grandfather left my father and my father left me. And to look in the mirror. Your are right, Ax. That is worth far more than the money I lost.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Twice left jobs because I refused to compromise on ethics. Once with very young kids and thin wallet. Another time with college to pay for. Was extremely tough, but the Good Lord provided (even if it was at the last possible instant). But I was able to pass on to my kids the good name my grandfather left my father and my father left me. And to look in the mirror. That is worth more than the money I lost.
    Well, my father taught us, that making the right decisions in life were not always going to be the easy ones to make.

It is very hard to walk away from a good paying job as matter of principles and ethics, but it's the right decision to make if a person places value on their self respect, their dignity and their reputation.

There were times when I had to cut out extras, and live very lean to get by, and even had to downsize to smaller and less expensive things in order to get by.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don’t know what to think. I have known people that have had to be hospitalized. Yet I have been within a foot of a lot of people who were infectious with no mask and to this day have yet to have any symptoms or test positive. I haven’t had a flu shot in maybe 15 or 20 years. I don’t remember. I haven’t been sick from a bad flue in maybe 8 years. Got a few one day bugs here and there. This whole thing is weird. I’m starting to think it’s made to target certain people.

I keep hearing about people taking the vaccine and getting hospitalized from a wide range of problems.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well, my father taught us, that making the right decisions in life were not always going to be the easy ones to make.

It is very hard to walk away from a good paying job as matter of principles and ethics, but it's the right decision to make if a person places value on their self respect, their dignity and their reputation.

There were times when I had to cut out extras, and live very lean to get by, and even had to downsize to smaller and less expensive things in order to get by.
    Yep. Quit going to the doctor, dentist, eye doc, etc. so that the kids could go. Sold guns and other things I hated to part with. Cut out many things. But we all survived just fine. But when your parents went through the depression, you knew how to be frugal.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yep. Quit going to the doctor, dentist, eye doc, etc. so that the kids could go. Sold guns and other things I hated to part with. Cut out many things. But we all survived just fine. But when your parents went through the depression, you knew how to be frugal.
    I think many people get too comfortable with their luxuries in life, the fancy cars, big house and expensive play toys, and so they will go along as long as the money is rolling in every week.

They will overlook, or turn a blind eye to things they see in their job, just because they don't want to upset things and place their paychecks in jeopardy. They will remain silent, instead speaking up. They will go along with what the bosses or the company wants, because they have bills to pay on keeping and maintaining the lifestyle they have become accustomed to having.

Money makes people soft and compliant. I have always thought of my job and money as tools, and not a measure of my worth or status in life.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I don’t know what to think. I have known people that have had to be hospitalized. Yet I have been within a foot of a lot of people who were infectious with no mask and to this day have yet to have any symptoms or test positive. I haven’t had a flu shot in maybe 15 or 20 years. I don’t remember. I haven’t been sick from a bad flue in maybe 8 years. Got a few one day bugs here and there. This whole thing is weird. I’m starting to think it’s made to target certain people.

I keep hearing about people taking the vaccine and getting hospitalized from a wide range of problems.
    The more I think I know about Covid, the more confused I become!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I still think covid 19 is being used as a tool for the nwo.

I firmly believe it is indeed a bioweapon, designed to activate on certain genetic sequences. That would explain well why some folks get it and have zero symptoms (They don't have the genetic markers the virus strongly activates on) some get it real bad and die or are left with lasting effects (they're the target audience with all the markers) and others get it but don't get it terribly bad.

There was a Chinese CCP defector who has come out saying it IS a bioweapon the CCP released at the Wuhan hosted international military games in November of last year - at the same time a "mysterious pneumonia" was showing up in Wuhan. Participants at those games have stated that they had COVID like symptoms after their trip to the games. Its being said those games were the first "Super spreader" event and likely why the virus got disseminated world wide so quickly - there were over 100 countries represented at those games.

It was the perfect excuse to usher in that "Great reset" bullshit the economists and lefties are so hot over. It gave them cart blance to enact policies world wide - including here in the US - that gave them the best opportunity to commit fraud necessary to install the people that would ensure an easy transition of power and wealth to the ruling class.

Look what is going on world wide over this - those that were on the Allies side in world war two - who fought facism - who faught the Nazis, the Axis - are now going full on facist/commie authoritarian. Australia has been using internment camps for the unvaxed / COVID carriers / suspected COVID carriers. They're literally beating people in the streets, they're arresting people for no reason.

We've seen politicians here slathering to do the same. Its a matter of time until we see something like the LAPD or NYPD or maybe even Houston or Dallas PD being turned on the citizens and they'll start clubbing, arresting, and maybe even shooting anti-mandate or anti-mask protestors.

This is bigger than the China-virus. This is bigger than us - its all means to some nefarious end and we're just pawns in the scheme.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    I just came across this ,it’s worth reading.
    9CB7D1BC-1C0F-4A2F-84C7-57638556E6BB.jpeg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I firmly believe it is indeed a bioweapon, designed to activate on certain genetic sequences. That would explain well why some folks get it and have zero symptoms (They don't have the genetic markers the virus strongly activates on) some get it real bad and die or are left with lasting effects (they're the target audience with all the markers) and others get it but don't get it terribly bad.

There was a Chinese CCP defector who has come out saying it IS a bioweapon the CCP released at the Wuhan hosted international military games in November of last year - at the same time a "mysterious pneumonia" was showing up in Wuhan. Participants at those games have stated that they had COVID like symptoms after their trip to the games. Its being said those games were the first "Super spreader" event and likely why the virus got disseminated world wide so quickly - there were over 100 countries represented at those games.

It was the perfect excuse to usher in that "Great reset" bullshit the economists and lefties are so hot over. It gave them cart blance to enact policies world wide - including here in the US - that gave them the best opportunity to commit fraud necessary to install the people that would ensure an easy transition of power and wealth to the ruling class.

Look what is going on world wide over this - those that were on the Allies side in world war two - who fought facism - who faught the Nazis, the Axis - are now going full on facist/commie authoritarian. Australia has been using internment camps for the unvaxed / COVID carriers / suspected COVID carriers. They're literally beating people in the streets, they're arresting people for no reason.

We've seen politicians here slathering to do the same. Its a matter of time until we see something like the LAPD or NYPD or maybe even Houston or Dallas PD being turned on the citizens and they'll start clubbing, arresting, and maybe even shooting anti-mandate or anti-mask protestors.

This is bigger than the China-virus. This is bigger than us - its all means to some nefarious end and we're just pawns in the scheme.
    I agree. It’s time for a leader to step up and declare war. I know I’d follow.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Are you still looking? If so, what type job? If you want to PM I will try to help if I can.
    I would add that before the virus hysteria, finding a job if you were over 50 was nigh on impossible. But that seems to have changed during the past year.

Top Bottom