Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    To those of you that believe in the protection of the vaccine,
    You can still contract Covid from both unvaccinated and vaccinated people,
    You can still transmit Covid to the same people,,,,,
    So who the hell are we supposed to be protecting by taking an emergency use vaccine that has not been proven safe, jut safe enough for now?

The only possible protection the vaccine offers is that vaccinated might have less chance of a severe case and dieing. It depends on co-morbidities.

But the co-morbidities hold true on the unvaccinated also.
    I don't care how scared you were. I don't care about how much you do or don't care about your fellow man. I don't care about the science.

Who is being protected by the vaccine and how. And from whom?
    Period

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I really don’t mean to come across as a whiner or anti vaxer, I just don’t see the advantages of me getting the vaccine. I’ve already had Covid. I recovered. If I had gone through last year and never caught it, I may have taken the vaccine when it was made available. My dad lives with me. He’s 71, and in terrible health. He got the vaccine as soon as he could, and I’m glad. I was very worried when I caught it, praying I didn’t give it to him. And I’m not going to jeopardize my kids access to health insurance, by not taking the shot. I’m looking at this as a chance to do something new. I will put my resume out, and if something comes through, great. If not, and the deadlines approaching, and my options are to take the shot or get fired, I’ll probably have to take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    To those of you that believe in the protection of the vaccine,
    You can still contract Covid from both unvaccinated and vaccinated people,
    You can still transmit Covid to the same people,,,,,
    So who the hell are we supposed to be protecting by taking an emergency use vaccine that has not been proven safe, jut safe enough for now?

The only possible protection the vaccine offers is that vaccinated might have less chance of a severe case and dieing. It depends on co-morbidities.

But the co-morbidities hold true on the unvaccinated also.
    I don't care how scared you were. I don't care about how much you do or don't care about your fellow man. I don't care about the science.

Who is being protected by the vaccine and how. And from whom?
    Period

Umm. . .the people who get the vaccine. . From COVID

Your risk of severe COVID goes way down (like more than 95ish% after the vaccine. We have about 40ish percent vaccination in may area and 91ish% of the admitted people are unvaccinated. 96% of the ICU patients are unvaccinated. The vaccinated that get really sick are usually pretty sick people to begin with.

I’ve seen more than a couple of people who deviously recovered get COVID again with the delta variant. Usually had very mild cases last year and now require hospitalization. Not very common, but a few.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Your risk of severe COVID goes way down (like more than 95ish% after the vaccine. We have about 40ish percent vaccination in may area and 91ish% of the admitted people are unvaccinated. 96% of the ICU patients are unvaccinated. The vaccinated that get really sick are usually pretty sick people to begin with.

I’ve seen more than a couple of people who deviously recovered get COVID again with the delta variant. Usually had very mild cases last year and now require hospitalization. Not very common, but a few.
    How do you explain healthy people getting the vaccine, then developing symptoms in a matter of days and then dying?

Would you call that normal, or acceptable?

How about people still getting Covid after getting the vaccination?

Is that normal, or acceptable too?

You know where I categorize most doctors? With shyster lawyers and sleazy politicians.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …91ish% of the admitted people are unvaccinated. 96% of the ICU patients are unvaccinated...
    I’m curious about this and believe your numbers. My question is were those hospitalizations strictly because of Covid. Maybe asked differently, the question would be ‘of your admitted general population, what percent were known covid positive prior to admission and would not have been admitted otherwise? Same goes for ICU.

From what I glean much of the hospitalized population is provided supportive care which can also be effectively delivered via home health care services.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

So.......same old bullshit.
    What you are really saying in a nut shell is this,
    "I was scared and got a vaccine that may not help, therefore I have the right to demand you get it also to make me feel better. Further more, your concerns as to the safety of a vaccine rushed into production without the normal safety protocols and testing are irrelevant.".

Is that pretty much it?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have to wonder how many of those so called unvaccinated in hospitals were vaccinated prior to going to the hospital, since they now call them unvaccinated for two weeks.

The only reason for shifting the numbers like that is to cover up stats, but don't worry, uncle Joe says you're protected.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My girlfriend's mother just gave her notice. She's in her 70's. Still works full time as a RN. The system she works for is starting to mandate the vaccine.
    If she's in the age group that is most effected, in the medical field, and would rather quit than get vaccinated, maybe that should tell you something.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    A few weeks ago our CEO announced that the covid 19 vaccine was going to be mandatory but he made a brief statement that those that had a religious opposition to getting the vaccine would need to speak with HR and each case would be individually considered. HR sent me a form for me to write a statement as to why I religiously objected to the vaccine. My HR just recently got back to me asking if I would object to wearing a mask at work and maintaining social distancing with everyone which I responded that I was OK with all that. They also asked if I would mind paying for covid testing and the masks that I would need to wear to which I replied that if they wanted me to test for having covid and wear masks then the company should pay for all of that. My impression after this recent meeting with HR is that I will be granted an exemption on religious grounds to not get vaccinated. We are planning to return to work back to our offices in early October (been working from home for over a year) so they will be making a final decision on my case before then.

As a follow up to this post I made a few weeks ago... HR at this liberal CA based company I am presently working at has been mostly silent and I am getting the impression now that they are not going to honor my request for a religious exemption for their mandated vaccination policy.

But thank God as last week an old business acquaintance contacted me with an great job offer that is much better than what I am doing now so I accepted it and put in my 2 week notice. The company I will be going to is a Texas based pro 2nd Amendment company unlike the one I am with now and they will not have any mandated vaccinations. :green:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a follow up to this post I made a few weeks ago... HR at this liberal CA based company I am presently working at has been mostly silent and I am getting the impression now that they are not going to honor my request for a religious exemption for their mandated vaccination policy.

But thank God as last week an old business acquaintance contacted me with an great job offer that is much better than what I am doing now so I accepted it and put in my 2 week notice. The company I will be going to is a Texas based pro 2nd Amendment company unlike the one I am with now and they will not have any mandated vaccinations. :green:
    Congratulations. Good for you!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I’m curious about this and believe your numbers. My question is were those hospitalizations strictly because of Covid. Maybe asked differently, the question would be ‘of your admitted general population, what percent were known covid positive prior to admission and would not have been admitted otherwise? Same goes for ICU.

From what I glean much of the hospitalized population is provided supportive care which can also be effectively delivered via home health care services.
    Anecdotally, most of the COVID + patients were admitted for covid pneumonia. Seems like a much higher percentage than in the last wave.

How do you explain healthy people getting the vaccine, then developing symptoms in a matter of days and then dying?

Would you call that normal, or acceptable?

How about people still getting Covid after getting the vaccination?

Is that normal, or acceptable too?

You know where I categorize most doctors? With shyster lawyers and sleazy politicians.

Honestly, I’ve seen plenty of pretty healthy people were got pretty darn sick with covid. I stop counting the people who were younger than me, and with almost no medical conditions.

I also live in the reality that there are no medical treatments that are risk free or 100% effective. That being said, the COVID vaccines are all pretty darn good at reducing the risk of getting hospitalized from COVID.

You want to avoid vaccines. Fine with me. Want to lose your job because you think avoiding a vaccines is worth more to you than your job. Fine with me. But if you come to the hospital, be nice tohe staff. I hope you don’t have to wait in the emergency room too long waiting for a bed. I really hope you don’t need to be transferred to a real hospital, cause it is going to be an issue. Our covid numbers are steadily dropping, but our hospital is still quite full.

I am happy for people to make their own choices. I also expect people to live with the consequences of their decisions.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Anecdotally, most of the COVID + patients were admitted for covid pneumonia. Seems like a much higher percentage than in the last wave.…
    Thanks. I’m still having a hard time reconciling how a virus that is both easily transmissible and highly lethal has staying power. It has to either burn itself out of hosts or it has to mutate to preserve itself. I get exponential increases in afflicted cases results in increased mortality because math and all that, but that doesn’t take into account the exponentially increasing population with immunity.

I’ve always said that thinking what we know is all there is to know is a fallacy…the key must still lie in what we don’t know, and I think that’s going to be found in how endemic this turns out to be in the long run. I would *think* more endemic than more epidemic would be a better outcome over time. I doubt this virus will ever be eradicated.

Once the collective ‘we’ recognizes this I hope things become more rational and less binary.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks. I’m still having a hard time reconciling how a virus that is both easily transmissible and highly lethal has staying power. It has to either burn itself out of hosts or it has to mutate to preserve itself. I get exponential increases in afflicted cases results in increased mortality because math and all that, but that doesn’t take into account the exponentially increasing population with immunity.

I’ve always said that thinking what we know is all there is to know is a fallacy…the key must still lie in what we don’t know, and I think that’s going to be found in how endemic this turns out to be in the long run. I would *think* more endemic than more epidemic would be a better outcome over time. I doubt this virus will ever be eradicated.

Once the collective ‘we’ recognizes this I hope things become more rational and less binary.
    As far as I know, we've lived with coronaviruses all our lives.

Top Bottom