• Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Guess I have a decision to make!
    Yes you do and it is your decision to make.Would not be tough for me since I have gotten the vaccination 3x now but I understand how & why others don't want it. If you do not opt for the vaccine and get fired - I would suggest that you sue the pricks and sue the government if your job forcing you to get it is part of a government mandate.
    Guns International

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    TWC posted this. In most cases you cannot be denied unemployment benefits
    1639196748262.png

1639196774439.png
    1639196810133.png

Attachments

• Letter_Employers_COVID_19_Vac_Mandate.pdf
      834.7 KB · Views: 71

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I wonder if Union Pacific even read my exemption request. Maybe I should have used Abbot’s exemption form. Anyone that I read my exemption to said it was well put together, eloquent, thought out, etc and I had a letter from my pastor accompanying my own. My employer denied my religious exemption and sent the following on 11/11/21:

Ticket UP-12061036 has been resolved with the following solution summary:

Your request for religious accommodation has been reviewed.
    Your request for a religious accommodation from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination is denied.

Union Pacific reviews requests for religious accommodations in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. If a request for accommodation is denied, the information provided does not meet the requirements under the applicable law so as to support an exemption from the federal mandate for vaccination.

The time to act is now – all employees are still required to update their SAP ‘My Profile’ vaccination status by Dec. 8. Employees must receive the final dose (second dose of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech; or one dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) on or before Jan. 4. Those opting for:
    • Moderna need their first shot no later than Dec. 7.
    • Pfizer-BioNTech need their first shot no later than Dec. 14.
    • Or Johnson & Johnson/Janssen need their single shot no later than Jan. 4.

On Jan. 5, in accordance with White House guidance, UP will begin making decisions to remove noncompliant employees from service

On 12/8/21, I received the following:

Brothers,

I have been informed that the UP will be announcing that it is suspending the Vaccine Mandate for the foreseeable future. The numerous court battles, including the BLET and SMART-TD combined lawsuit, have led to the need to suspend the mandate while the court system determines the validity of the mandate. I do not know at this time what that means for the already vaccinated but it does mean that mask will remain a requirement while on company property. I will pass along any new details as I get them. This information should be shared with your membership.

James Logan Jr.
    General Chairman

Top Bottom