Decision time!

easy rider

Spark Creator
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
Now don't go thinking I'm some kind of Karen, lol. The bad thing about the internet is you only read words on a page, you don't actually know the people behind them. If only you knew me..... actually that might scare some people away from me, lol. Somewhere on this forum is the thread from the January 6th protest. I meant what I said there, no one else wanted to join me then, that would have been worth the pain and suffering and even my death, not sure my family would agree though, Anyway, I made my choice on the vax crap, if I made a bad choice and let others down then I guess I'm guilty, I've screwed up a lot of things before so it's nothing new for me,
I know me, and luckily all my kids and wife is gone, so I don't need to use them as an excuse. Certainly when I was younger I worried about a job more, but even looking back I wouldn't have traded my livelihood our my conscience for any of those jobs. To me, no job is worth that. I went through rough times and good times when my kids were growing up, so I know what's good for me and my family. I also tried to be a role model for my family, so nothing I ever did was compromise freedom for my families well being. You have freedom of choice, so do what you believe is right, doesn't matter what others say or think.

TheDan

deplorable malconent scofflaw
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
Everyone is hiring right now.
Depends on what you're looking for. I've sent out over 300 applications in the past year and only gotten a couple interviews. That is highly unusual. I've been told by two different people in job recruitment that companies have been posting jobs with no intention to hire. Speculation on why is... interesting.

You also have to consider this mask and jab bullshit. I was at NTB the other day and they had multiple help wanted signs up. The guys helping me out were wearing masks. I asked them if they had to because of company policy or if they just wanted to. They said it was required anytime they were in the presence of a customer, and they would be fired if they didn't. Yeah, good luck with hiring more people.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Wish I had a union to back me up….
Unions aren’t the panacea they claim to be.

I'm in a union and it's not looking like they have the stomach to out up any fight. …

Have you read the CBA? Generally speaking, the union likely waived the right to bargain over unilateral workplace safety and health policies (it’s a common stipulation), which is where vaccine mandates fall. Where the union bargaining rep/team should be engaged is implementation..the 5Ws and compensation related to those conditions.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
I know me, and luckily all my kids and wife is gone, so I don't need to use them as an excuse. Certainly when I was younger I worried about a job more, but even looking back I wouldn't have traded my livelihood our my conscience for any of those jobs. To me, no job is worth that. I went through rough times and good times when my kids were growing up, so I know what's good for me and my family. I also tried to be a role model for my family, so nothing I ever did was compromise freedom for my families well being. You have freedom of choice, so do what you believe is right, doesn't matter what others say or think.
A lot of people use many things as why they can't, or don't want to lose their job, and I understand that. Wife, kids, house payment, bills to pay and ect.

I have walked away from good paying jobs, because I refused to put a price on my dignity and self respect. That's just how my father raised me though. I can look back in hindsight now, and imagine just how much more successful and well off I could be right now, if I had been more compliant and played the game their way. But, I get to look at myself everyday in the mirror, and be proud of the man I am, and have become because of what my father taught me. And that is worth more than money.

oldag

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Feb 19, 2015
Wish I had a union to back me up, nothing for the little man. And to those that think we should just up and quit and look for another job, can you pay my bills and mortgage while I'm looking? The whole tech industry is being farmed out to India and Pakistan, I'm sure I'll find a job that pays the same quickly in this market. I also have a bridge to sell too if anyone is interested.
Don't recall anyone here saying to quit first. Find another job, then quit. Job market is very favorable right now. I don't know of anyone who isn't having a hard time hiring help.

oldag

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Feb 19, 2015
Depends on what you're looking for. I've sent out over 300 applications in the past year and only gotten a couple interviews. That is highly unusual. I've been told by two different people in job recruitment that companies have been posting jobs with no intention to hire. Speculation on why is... interesting.

You also have to consider this mask and jab bullshit. I was at NTB the other day and they had multiple help wanted signs up. The guys helping me out were wearing masks. I asked them if they had to because of company policy or if they just wanted to. They said it was required anytime they were in the presence of a customer, and they would be fired if they didn't. Yeah, good luck with hiring more people.
Are you still looking? If so, what type job? If you want to PM I will try to help if I can.

oldag

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Feb 19, 2015
A lot of people use many things as why they can't, or don't want to lose their job, and I understand that. Wife, kids, house payment, bills to pay and ect.

I have walked away from good paying jobs, because I refused to put a price on my dignity and self respect. That's just how my father raised me though. I can look back in hindsight now, and imagine just how much more successful and well off I could be right now, if I had been more compliant and played the game their way. But, I get to look at myself everyday in the mirror, and be proud of the man I am, and have become because of what my father taught me. And that is worth more than money.
Twice left jobs because I refused to compromise on ethics. Once with very young kids and thin wallet. Another time with college to pay for. Was extremely tough, but the Good Lord provided (even if it was at the last possible instant). But I was able to pass on to my kids the good name my grandfather left my father and my father left me. And to look in the mirror. Your are right, Ax. That is worth far more than the money I lost.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Twice left jobs because I refused to compromise on ethics. Once with very young kids and thin wallet. Another time with college to pay for. Was extremely tough, but the Good Lord provided (even if it was at the last possible instant). But I was able to pass on to my kids the good name my grandfather left my father and my father left me. And to look in the mirror. That is worth more than the money I lost.
Well, my father taught us, that making the right decisions in life were not always going to be the easy ones to make.

It is very hard to walk away from a good paying job as matter of principles and ethics, but it's the right decision to make if a person places value on their self respect, their dignity and their reputation.

There were times when I had to cut out extras, and live very lean to get by, and even had to downsize to smaller and less expensive things in order to get by.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts