• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    You know after 50 pages of posts we hope that you can make a decision and I have heard a lot of whining on this post. It's not like you are about to be drafted into the army to get your butt shot off in Viet Nam. Either get the shot or quit your job, that's what it comes down to. You have it a lot easier than what men have had in the past.
    I agree many have sacrificed much much more. However, like many people here, I have a family that depends on me to provide for them. I want to give my wife and children the best I can. Starting a new career at this point is not something I’d like to do but I am also not a lab rat. Thanks for your comment.
    Target Sports

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    You know after 50 pages of posts we hope that you can make a decision and I have heard a lot of whining on this post. It's not like you are about to be drafted into the army to get your butt shot off in Viet Nam. Either get the shot or quit your job, that's what it comes down to. You have it a lot easier than what men have had in the past.

Come on! I started the post, and haven’t “whined” once! And I’ve never compared my situation to anybody else, let alone someone like my father who fought in Vietnam. I simply stated I have to make a decision, that I think is ridiculous. The easiest solution for you, would be NOT TO OPEN THE THREAD!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Come on! I started the post, and haven’t “whined” once! And I’ve never compared my situation to anybody else, let alone someone like my father who fought in Vietnam. I simply stated I have to make a decision, that I think is ridiculous. The easiest solution for you, would be NOT TO OPEN THE THREAD!!

My point is that it's time to be a man about this. All the BS about phony exemptions. Either get the shot or quit your job, all depends on the strength of your moral character. This is a private matter between you and your family. Nobody can tell you what is right.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    My point is that it's time to be a man about this. All the BS about phony exemptions. Either get the shot or quit your job, all depends on the strength of your moral character. This is a private matter between you and your family. Nobody can tell you what is right.

I’ve never considered a religious exemption. It’s not against my religion. I only see one Dr., my dermatologist, who offered to write an exemption, but I’m not gonna argue with HR about an exemption written by a dermatologist. If I don’t get another job opportunity, and If HR doesn’t back down, I’ll be taking the vaccine. Didn’t start the thread for sympathy or whining. I started it, because of the utter absurdity of the situation. Be a man? Ok asshole! I have met 15-20 people off this forum. And every single one has been amazing. I was offered, and got, instruction when I first got into shooting. I’ve been offered and received reloading materials and instruction when I first got into reloading. So I’m not gonna let one miserable, grumpy, troll sway my great opinion of this forum and the people on it. So go ahead and keep clicking on this thread that bothers you so much. You won’t get any more response from me.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    So someone that doesn't want to participate in clinical trials and is being forced to throw away their career lacks morals because of a senile bitch of a man in Washington says so?

I'm glad you're a scared push over and will do what is told. There are some of us that can see past the bullshit and make decisions for ourselves. Just because that decision doesn't align with a pussy ass HR dept doesn't mean the person lacks morals or character. I would argue they have more of either than yourself.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Rotor, that was really uncalled for. Frankly, the OP didn't come as "whining" so much as weighing his option of getting or not getting the vaccine, and if there was any way around not getting it and keeping his job.

It's discussion about his option, and if you felt he was "whining" you were not obligated to participate.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just got a reply from my dept head that said he doubts HR was gonna even consider the Executive Order since Texas is a right to work state. Still gonna try to push on them a bit. Truth is, this may be my last hope. At 50, leaving and starting over somewhere is not high on my list of things I want to do, not to mention I may face the same issue.

Depends on your resolve. At 53, I had to think long and hard about quitting my job, but I did decide that my health comes first. I gave up almost everything, (job, house and moving away from family). When I finally left the northwest, leaving my family further behind, I had no idea what I would be doing with my life. I just knew I had to find out.

Now I'm not saying it was easy, but it was the best decision of my life.

You have to ask yourself: Do you live your life for yourself, or for others? Is your morality worth losing? If you don't stand up for your beliefs now, will you have the will later?

I wish you well in your decisions.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Union Pacific just gave a vaccine deadline.

After reviewing the White House’s COVID-19 vaccine mandates, Union Pacific is complying with the executive order mandating employees of federal contractors be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8. As a federal contractor who ships goods supporting our nation’s armed services, UP is fulfilling this federal requirement.
    “Along with being our best defense against severe COVID-19 illness, vaccines are our best path forward out of the pandemic,” said Beth Whited, executive vice president and chief human resource officer. “Vaccine mandates are not unique to UP – many companies, schools and private businesses require vaccines.”
    Report Your Vaccination Status by Dec. 8
    To comply with the federal mandate, every UP employee is required to report their vaccination status by updating the ‘My Profile’ tab in SAP, as demonstrated in this RailFlix video – the entire process takes less than five minutes. Vaccine statuses will remain confidential, disclosed only on a need-to-know basis.
    Any employee who responds ‘No, I have not been vaccinated’ has an opportunity to apply for an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. Previously approved business travel accommodations must be resubmitted to be approved under the new federal mandate.
    Those without an approved accommodation must be fully vaccinated by the Dec. 8 deadline. This means employees must receive the final dose (second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna; or one dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) on or before Nov. 23.
    UP has compiled state-specific COVID-19 vaccine information to help employees locate a place in their local communities to receive their vaccination. Employees should arrange to receive their vaccination outside of work as soon as possible; agreement employees unable to do so may follow the standard process to lay off using HP status. Please note weekly testing is not available as an alternative option, as the federal requirement mandates employees be fully vaccinated.
    As incentive to report and provide proof of vaccination status in the ‘My Profile’ tab in SAP:
    • Agreement employees will be offered a $300 incentive for all who comply with UP’s efforts to implement the federally-imposed vaccine mandate. UP is in discussions with the organizations who represent our unions regarding our implementation efforts.
    These incentives, available through the end of 2021 regardless of when employees receive and report their vaccination, replace the previous swag incentive program. Swag orders received by 12 p.m. CT today still will be fulfilled; after this time, the program will be discontinued. Please note any employee who submitted their COVID-19 attestation to receive swag still is required to report their vaccination status in SAP by Dec. 8.
    Those who do not report their vaccination status by the deadline will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including nonagreement employee termination or agreement employee medical disqualification. Additionally, providing false documentation will result in termination.
    Have Questions? We’ve Got Answers
    You’re busy building America – that’s why we’re trying to make this process as easy as possible.
    We’ve updated UP’s COVID-19 webpage with a variety of resources under the ‘Vaccine Information’ section, including:
    • Information about the COVID-19 vaccine itself, including a Vaccine FAQ (more information is available from the CDC).
    • A COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate and Reporting FAQ – it’s important to fully review and understand all details.
    • SAP Vaccine Reporting Quick Reference Guides (QRGs).
    • Instructions for submitting medical or religious accommodation forms.
    Contact WR with questions about reporting your vaccination status by creating a TRM ticket – select the ‘COVID-19 Vaccine’ category and the ‘Verification and Reporting Process’ topic.
    So your gamble with the experimental vax is only worth $300 to UP? Just, wow. They could add a couple of zeros to that number and no way in hell would I take it. If a man cannot stand up for his principles, then what kind of man is he? I wish you luck on this.... it really sucks the position they have put their employees in.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    So your gamble with the experimental vax is only worth $300 to UP? Just, wow. They could add a couple of zeros to that number and no way in hell would I take it. If a man cannot stand up for his principles, then what kind of man is he? I wish you luck on this.... it really sucks the position they have put their employees in.
    Thank you!

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    CodyK, can your dermatologist show that getting the jab would interfere with her course of treatment for you? If so, her request for an exemption should be the same as any other doctor.

It’s a possibility. I take an injection every month for my psoriasis, which is an immuno-suppressor. I don’t take the flu shot, but if I was to take it, I am suppose to skip my injection the month before I take it. She did say since the covid “vaccine” is not made with the live virus, there shouldn’t be any issue taking it, but that I need to make sure I take it in the middle of the month (2 weeks after I take my medication and 2 weeks before my next dose) just to be safe. I went into the Dr today, to ask her opinion, and not try to influence her to go against the vaccine. But as soon as I said my company was mandating it, she rolled her eyes. That’s when I broached the subject of her possibly signing a medical affidavit. She said she would have no problem, but in her experience , HR departments aren’t too receptive to notes from a dermatologist.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If a man cannot stand up for his principles, then what kind of man is he?
    This was my point. To the poster, I never mentioned religious exemptions and my reference to whiners was all of the other cry babies that chimed in about their jobs and possible loss of jobs. I don't care who takes the shot or not, I oppose the mandates. To the poster, your dad served when called up, he didn't try to figure out how to move to Canada.

Personally, I think you would be stupid to not take the vaccine and lose your job but that's me as I know the vaccine saves lives.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Thank you!
    Sadly, Mrs Grumps21 bought in to the vaccine hype. Her body, her life. No kids, so not much I could do other than plead my case. Thankfully, no adverse reactions yet that we know of, but as I have stated on other posts it did not keep her from being infected and consequently infecting me. I kicked it in a few days but hers lingered on for a week or so past mine. I blame the shot, and I wish she would have resisted. Together, I think we could weather whatever consequences came if we both lost our jobs, even if that meant being homeless. It’s none of my business what your circumstances are Orbie, but the dynamic for me might well be different if I had kids to suppport. Everybody’s situation is different, and I may have misspoke on my previous post about a man and his principles. Best of luck

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I’ve never considered a religious exemption. It’s not against my religion. I only see one Dr., my dermatologist, who offered to write an exemption, but I’m not gonna argue with HR about an exemption written by a dermatologist. If I don’t get another job opportunity, and If HR doesn’t back down, I’ll be taking the vaccine. Didn’t start the thread for sympathy or whining. I started it, because of the utter absurdity of the situation. Be a man? Ok asshole! I have met 15-20 people off this forum. And every single one has been amazing. I was offered, and got, instruction when I first got into shooting. I’ve been offered and received reloading materials and instruction when I first got into reloading. So I’m not gonna let one miserable, grumpy, troll sway my great opinion of this forum and the people on it. So go ahead and keep clicking on this thread that bothers you so much. You won’t get any more response from me.

If i knew how, I would have put rotor on ignore a long time ago. He contributed little and listens to nothing. Trolls are going to troll.

Don't let him change your opinion, lots of good people here. This thread has been cathartic for me. You know, listening to all the whining.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Colonel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Houston, 3rd Rock
    @CodyK

Since your dermatologist is willing to write a letter, I’d go ahead and present it to HR. If nothing else it could buy you some more time and it puts them in the position of having to prove you and your Doctor wrong.

It seems to me like HIPAA laws should protect you from having to disclose to much information

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    85D12E4B-9C76-487F-960D-290A558A164D.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics