• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Went to my dermatologist this morning, and she was 100% on my side. She said she would write me a note, but her being a dermatologist, she doubts any company would recognize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Some companies are treating this as a workplace “accommodation” and referring it to their medical disability benefits company for processing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Went to my dermatologist this morning, and she was 100% on my side. She said she would write me a note, but her being a dermatologist, she doubts any company would recognize it.

Have you provided them with Abbott's directive?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just about to text my dept head and find out who I need to contact. I’m on vacation for the next two weeks, or else I would love to walk into HR with a hard copy of it.

Please keep us updated on this Cody. Personally, I'll support whatever decision you decide to make. Even if you do decide to get the vaccine. I understand you have to do what you have to do to make ends meet and feed your family.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Just about to text my dept head and find out who I need to contact. I’m on vacation for the next two weeks, or else I would love to walk into HR with a hard copy of it.

Not sure where you stand on religion. This is what I have a few people proof reading for me currently so that I can send to my pastor and then claim religious exemption.

Good afternoon. I would appreciate your help in a matter with Union Pacific. I received a message this morning that they will require all employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8th which means I would have to receive both shots by the end of November. I have attached a PDF that allows employees to submit a case for religious exemption. I do not agree with the methods used to create the vaccines. I am also concerned about all the secrecy in relation to the vaccines and how the manufacturers cannot be held liable for side effects. I am not going to get the shot and I am seeking your support for a religious exemption.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Just got a reply from my dept head that said he doubts HR was gonna even consider the Executive Order since Texas is a right to work state. Still gonna try to push on them a bit. Truth is, this may be my last hope. At 50, leaving and starting over somewhere is not high on my list of things I want to do, not to mention I may face the same issue.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I do not have an education and I don’t know of any employer that would provide the same pay and benefits that I have currently.
    Job market is pretty good right now. We are having trouble finding technicians. Might be worth looking around a bit.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just got a reply from my dept head that said he doubts HR was gonna even consider the Executive Order since Texas is a right to work state. Still gonna try to push on them a bit. Truth is, this may be my last hope. At 50, leaving and starting over somewhere is not high on my list of things I want to do, not to mention I may face the same issue.

You might want to let him know that the EO might give someone legal grounds in spite of right to work. Company may want to consider whether or not it is worth the legal fees.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Railroad is a good deal, job wise. Q: Is UP offering the ability to decline vax and submit to weekly COVID testing as is permissible under the EO for federal workers/contractors?

If they offered that, would you accept that alternative?
    They will not allow for weekly testing. I would have been tested daily if it secured my employment. I’ve had the swab up the nose twice already and while it was uncomfortable, it was not unbearable.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Job market is pretty good right now. We are having trouble finding technicians. Might be worth looking around a bit.
    I highly agree that many places are short staffed. It would be hard to find my same benefits. My entire family is fully insured for $260/month. I do not pay into social security because I pay into railroad retirement. Whatever my retirement is, my wife will earn her own retirement that is equal to 50% of mine. Like most jobs, the more you work, the more you make and majority of the people in my craft do pretty well for themselves. I don’t want to throw incomes around as I don’t think it’s polite.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I highly agree that many places are short staffed. It would be hard to find my same benefits. My entire family is fully insured for $260/month. I do not pay into social security because I pay into railroad retirement. Whatever my retirement is, my wife will earn her own retirement that is equal to 50% of mine. Like most jobs, the more you work, the more you make and majority of the people in my craft do pretty well for themselves. I don’t want to throw incomes around as I don’t think it’s polite.
    I fully understand your reluctance to losing that job, and agree would be a hard to replace it with one of equal pay and benefits. I worked for BN many years ago, and even the lowest general laborer positions were very well paying and had excellent benefits.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I fully understand your reluctance to losing that job, and agree would be a hard to replace it with one of equal pay and benefits. I worked for BN many years ago, and even the lowest general laborer positions were very well paying and had excellent benefits.
    I hold a conductor and engineers license. The hours are long and I travel on call but I’m trying to make up for all the goofing around and slacking off I did when I was a young adult.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You know after 50 pages of posts we hope that you can make a decision and I have heard a lot of whining on this post. It's not like you are about to be drafted into the army to get your butt shot off in Viet Nam. Either get the shot or quit your job, that's what it comes down to. You have it a lot easier than what men have had in the past.

• Wow
    Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom