• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    @MTA89 is correct - I’m an FFL near SA and happy to help however I can.
    Problem is, as others have very well pointed out, I’m as limited as everyone else by the lack of availability. I’ve already checked with my distributors and they don’t have either gun you’re interested in - no surprise there; whatever they may have in stock is generally set aside for LE or high volume customers.

I’ll also 2nd support for Modern Elite - probably the best LGS we have.
    Secondarily I’ve had good experiences with A Place To Shoot and Adelbridge.

Otherwise you might consider a gun show or GunBroker.com. I think GunBroker would serve you well, as you have sight of what’s available and better control toward making your purchase.

stadlers1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    San Antonio
    @MTA89 is correct - I’m an FFL near SA and happy to help however I can.
    Problem is, as others have very well pointed out, I’m as limited as everyone else by the lack of availability. I’ve already checked with my distributors and they don’t have either gun you’re interested in - no surprise there; whatever they may have in stock is generally set aside for LE or high volume customers.

I’ll also 2nd support for Modern Elite - probably the best LGS we have.
    Secondarily I’ve had good experiences with A Place To Shoot and Adelbridge.

Otherwise you might consider a gun show or GunBroker.com. I think GunBroker would serve you well, as you have sight of what’s available and better control toward making your purchase.
    Thank you for all of your help. Off to look at GunBroker.com and I've been looking at guns.com.

Reactions: MTA

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well I'm a bit of a drive from you but I do have 3 Ruger 10/22s for sale as well as a Ruger Wrangler. If you're up for a road trip pm me. The mp22s are ok for a look alike rifle but are known for out of battery ignition which is dangerous. The 10/22 can be made into almost anything you desire in a much more reliable and proven platform.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've had good in person experience at Helotes Tactical, the Gun Shack in Helotes and Modern Elite Firearms. Helotes Tactical and Modern Elite have a small inventory of firearms. The Gun Shack usually has a fair amount.

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I quick look on GunBroker shows them selling for $100 more than the actual mp-15 5.56 was last year. If you're dead set on an AR platform 22 you would be better served by an AR 15 rifle and then buying a dedicated 22lr upper for it.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I'm not sure what part of SA you're in, but I personally had a good experience with Armed In America Firearms on 281 in Bulverde - even though I was just there to browse and burn time, they were still very friendly and accommodating. And they have a pretty decent selection on hand - or at least they did when I was down there in May.

You are dead on about these guys. But there inventory changes a lot. Especially with all thats going on now. As of this afternoon they had a s&w 22lr. I believe it was an m&p. They also had a rock island armorer 1911 in .22 mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I quick look on GunBroker shows them selling for $100 more than the actual mp-15 5.56 was last year. If you're dead set on an AR platform 22 you would be better served by an AR 15 rifle and then buying a dedicated 22lr upper for it.
    Not to sure, but I think the OP is looking for a .22 handgun. At first I though he was also looking for a rifle.

stadlers1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    San Antonio
    Thank you all for your help, I have learned that If purchasing online I just need to go to the websites several times a day. I was able to find the S&W M&P 22LR last night. I had been on the website all day and they popped up. 1 per customer so my wife was a customer and I was a customer. Now to find a few extra magazines and ammunition. Climbing this hill 1 step at a time. Guns.com was the site. The good news is that when we upgrade in 6 months those are in greater supply.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Sure, but then again, selling perfection really isn't a hard job. :laughing:
    66026818.jpg

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I understand where you are coming from, but you need to step outside yourself and understand the current situation and how it's impacting everyone.

16 months ago you couldn't GET customers into a LGS for the most part. Anytime I ever walked into a LGS from 2016 until 2019 I got prompt service almost immediately. Fast Forward to April -- LGSes are selling everything they have on the shelves, faster than they can resupply it, fast forward to November.. They're out of almost everything, customers are being pissy with them, everything they are trying to restock is on backorder.

It's not you, it's the situation. I'd also call around to other gun stores. Politely explain," Hey-- I'm one of the 7 million new gun owners as is my wife and we're looking for these things" -- list what you're looking for and then ask "could you reach out to me when you have these things or when you think you will get them so I can put myself on a list to buy them? Then inquire about the price. It's going to be steep, it's just the way of the world right now.

EDIT-- Online retailers aren't going to be better. Most of them are out of stock or upcharging massively. Trying to call any of them right now is going to be a long hold or no answer. They aren't doing it on purpose. They are busier than they ever have been historically. Same situation. Selling out of everything within seconds of getting it in stock. Online you're competing with bots too, so keep that in mind.

Just out of curiosity what are you in the market for? Not asking if you want to buy, just trying to get information. We have a ton of members and might be able to fix you up. I personally have a 380 I've been trying to get rid of WITH AMMO for like 6 months.

Post some info about the 380.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've had good in person experience at Helotes Tactical, the Gun Shack in Helotes and Modern Elite Firearms. Helotes Tactical and Modern Elite have a small inventory of firearms. The Gun Shack usually has a fair amount.

I'll second the Gun Shack, I've known Lance and Noemi for years and they are good people! It would be the first place I'd go...

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    I'd like to support any of my LGSs, but I find I just can't. Based upon my experience prior to the scamdemic, I found that they are either rude and condescending, or try to pimp something completely different from what I tell them I want, or are ridiculously overpriced. 80% of my purchases are from large, well-known and reputable online vendors. When times get lean again for the gun sales industry, firearms enthusiasts will remember how these LGSs treated them.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I would second this. Chris' sister is a TGT forum member and may be able to help guide you as well (can't remember her TGT name). Also there is Ranger Firearms and Kellac (they generally sell police gear and supplies, but if you go in and talk to Brian, he may order one for you).
    Her TGT name is Dancing Heretik. But, Chris hasn't been able to get much of anything for months. Our suppliers just don't have it for us to even order.

Most of our business is transfers of guns that customers bought online and the occasional used gun. If it weren't for FFL transfers, we'ld be out of business at this point.

Top Bottom