• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Tomorrow I'm going file our income taxes. My wife always had them withheld money from her disability, so I'll be getting back $1,600.00. As nice as it will be get the money I sure would rather that she was still alive.

I finally get through to Social Security the other day. Previous I seen over 2 hours trying to get the national number, in regards to the $250.00 death benefit. After being on hold another hour they all me o call the local number. Trying to get through to them looks days of being on hold for 30 minutes the get disconnected. Finally the say a supervisor will call to make an appointment. It's been a day & a half with no stupid visor call back. I'd have better luck getting military surplus weapons as the enemy the the $250.00 that's due to me.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Disability is not taxed. What you make besides that can be. They allow IIRC, up to almost $24,000 besides SSD before they tax it. That way those with disability can try to get training and overcome the disability.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Found out some interesting information this week. Met a lady whose husband died so she went to sign up for SS survivors benefits. Since she is a former teacher drawing her teachers pension, she only gets the difference. Relatively small amount.

However, if she had NOT been drawing her teachers pension, she would have gotten a pretty large SS benefit. Weird how all that works.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Found out some interesting information this week. Met a lady whose husband died so she went to sign up for SS survivors benefits. Since she is a former teacher drawing her teachers pension, she only gets the difference. Relatively small amount.

However, if she had NOT been drawing her teachers pension, she would have gotten a pretty large SS benefit. Weird how all that works.
    Maybe she needs a lawyer?

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Nope. They have a pre-defined formula for how all that works.

Sounded like her SS benefit was the difference between the original SS benefit minus the teachers pension amount.
    WEP I think it is. Only a portion of it is taxed depending on income.

My wife is subject to this as well.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Hello,

I am very sorry to read that your wife died. May she rest in peace.

If you or someone else mentioned this previously, I may have missed reading it or forgotten if I replied to you.

Take care of yourself. It all takes time.

Been there - done that myself.

I will say a prayer for you too.

Sincerely,

Catherine

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell