• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The missus and I have gotten settled in here in Silsbee. With everything closed up and nowhere to go, we have gotten just about everything in place. There are still some pictures to hang but I'm waiting on instructions on their placement. Apparently, this takes a lot of thought and planning.

Now, things are starting to open up and we are wanting to get out and explore this great state. I have been around to a few places in Texas but we are looking for some day trips to see what's around us. Later on, we may want to get in an overnight trip or two. But for now, we're looking for some ideas of places to go and things to see withing 2-3 hours of here. Let me hear your suggestions.
    Capitol Armory ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    San Jacinto Monument and Museum are an hour and a half away from you. A good place to take in some of the history of the Republic.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Unless you have a specific something you're looking for, just pick a road/highway and follow it for a half tank or so. Then follow another on the return trip. Great way to see things and make a long list of future stops, and still get to learn the area at the same time.

But I do like the links provided by the others too.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Unless you have a specific something you're looking for, just pick a road/highway and follow it for a half tank or so. Then follow another on the return trip. Great way to see things and make a long list of future stops, and still get to learn the area at the same time.

But I do like the links provided by the others too.
    Great idea. I used to do this on the motorcycle all the time. We would just pick a direction and head off.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    The missus and I have gotten settled in here in Silsbee. With everything closed up and nowhere to go, we have gotten just about everything in place. There are still some pictures to hang but I'm waiting on instructions on their placement. Apparently, this takes a lot of thought and planning.

Now, things are starting to open up and we are wanting to get out and explore this great state. I have been around to a few places in Texas but we are looking for some day trips to see what's around us. Later on, we may want to get in an overnight trip or two. But for now, we're looking for some ideas of places to go and things to see withing 2-3 hours of here. Let me hear your suggestions.
    Where did you come from before Silsbee? Elsewhere in Texas or another country?

Just kidding of course, if you want an overnight trip, the Texas Rangers Museum in Waco is day well spent.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Jefferson, TX is north and a little east of you (I think, long time since I lived in Hardin Co. and Jefferson Co.). It's off 59/I-69. Sometimes billed as the B&B capital of the world. We stopped there briefly one day last June. Need to go back and really do it right. Great history, neat shopping for things antique and period (junque).

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Where did you come from before Silsbee? Elsewhere in Texas or another country?

Just kidding of course, if you want an overnight trip, the Texas Rangers Museum in Waco is day well spent.
    I was born on a mountain top in southwestern Virginia, spent the last 20 years on the coast of South Carolina near Myrtle Beach.

I was lucky enough to visit the Texas Ranger Museum 2 years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Geezer,
    There used to be a vehicle inspection place in Silsbee that if you drove in with your lights on and were able to stop they would hand you an inspection sticker for the fee. Went there one day and cars were lined up down the highway. State was in there "helping" them. I believe Silsbee is the home of Jackie Baxter of the tire store fame and down Village Creek from the home of the infamous Gordon Baxter, kin?, correspondent, author and comedian, sort of. Old guy with a very foxy much younger wife.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    This State has neat places to visit which I have seen while taking my daughter on her competition shoots. We have been to Waco National Monument park as well as the Magnolia Silo in Waco if the misses is into Chip and Joanna Gaines show.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Get a reservation for 'Seven Bluff Cabins' near Con Can, Tx in October, (almost no tourists then while it teems with them now) and take a tubing trip down the Frio river.

It's in the Texas 'Hill Country'.

Problem is, you'll wish you decided to live there instead of where you did...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This State has neat places to visit which I have seen while taking my daughter on her competition shoots. We have been to Waco National Monument park as well as the Magnolia Silo in Waco if the misses is into Chip and Joanna Gaines show.

You hit some reality TV place in favor of the Texas Ranger Museum?

Top Bottom