• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Well at a pawn shop... there sits a Daniel's Defense AR-15 M4A1 with hi-lux 1-6 (I think) scope on quick release mount. 14.5 inch barrel with flash hider welded to make it 16. Seems to be factory made that way. Bubba spray painted some camo on it. Has super cool flashlight on side mount (inforce made.) No BUIS. $1300.

I have no idea how good they really are but.. have any of you owned and shot them? Any things to look for on them if I wanted to buy it?

Thanks.
    DK Firearms

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Daniel Defense are gtg. A new on will run ya about $2200-$2600.
    I'd unpin it & checkout the BCB & BARREL wear... that's about all you can do with out shooting it. I'd check how the trigger feels. Smooth vs gritty, 3.5lb or 8lb, single stag vs 2 stage.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    At that price I’d be putting it on layaway assuming it’s not beat all to hell and back.

Looks real fine. Just Bubba spraying turns me (and I bet most of them that look at it) off.

The upper does not wiggle on the lower frame. If I get serious I'll open it up and check the insides, especially the bolt carrier group. Doubt I can take the handguard off (or if they would let me!)

Oh, and the trigger is 'gold'.. Now I have another AR that the gold trigger turned out to be a Timney... and it is a very good trigger!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    They're good rifles. Ime their SOCOM barrels aren't as accurate as real SOCOM barrels, but it's a 14.5". With a good optic, ammo, and shooter, you'll be at or within an inch at 100 yards easy.

The DD block 2 RIS is probably the single most durable free float handguard ever made.

Paint can be stripped easy, but it can be abit of a pain to get out out of every pic slot.

Deaf Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    They're good rifles. Ime their SOCOM barrels aren't as accurate as real SOCOM barrels, but it's a 14.5". With a good optic, ammo, and shooter, you'll be at or within an inch at 100 yards easy.

The DD block 2 RIS is probably the single most durable free float handguard ever made.

Paint can be stripped easy, but it can be abit of a pain to get out out of every pic slot.
    The idea is for a real good car gun. Using 55 gr soft points instead of FMJ stuff will allow the bullets to work well are urban ranges even with a 14.5 inch barrel. And as a bonus the rounds won't ricochet.

I would take the fancy light off, fore grip off, scope off, put a holo sight, light weight BUIS and leave it alone!

That is if it's in great shape and I can talk them down in price.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The idea is for a real good car gun. Using 55 gr soft points instead of FMJ stuff will allow the bullets to work well are urban ranges even with a 14.5 inch barrel. And as a bonus the rounds won't ricochet.

I would take the fancy light off, fore grip off, scope off, put a holo sight, light weight BUIS and leave it alone!

That is if it's in great shape and I can talk them down in price.

Honestly if you want a KISS truck gun, I'd suggest a colt 6920 or equivalent style of rifle.

SOCOM barrels are fantastic, and are easily the most accurate CL 5.56 barrels you can get, but they are heavy (especially when paired with the RIS), and you aren't really squeezing out all the juice you could be by just using a holographic sight and irons, vs an LPVO or prism.

Top Bottom