• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    So my little brother (who now has a PhD) never had any common sense, and when he was young, he played with a group of guys that were even dumber than him. (I did 1000 times more crap than he and his buddies did, but they got caught every single time because they were just stupid.) One day they were walking through some lady's yard and his buddy said, "Hey, Jeff! Look at this!" My brother turned and the kid shot him in the face with a BB gun or pellet gun (my memory falls apart as to which it was). The pellet missed his eye by a very small fraction and traveled under the skin for several crooked inches. My brother reacted by taking the gun away from the kid and beating him with it, resulting in a concussion and breaking the stock on the gun. The lady who owned the property (but none of the kids) saw all the blood (head wounds bleed profusely) and the fight and called the cops. I was working in a gas station at the time and my folks drove through stopping only long enough to say that they were taking my brother to the hospital. It was such a common thing that I didn't even bother to ask why. He still has a slight scar, despite a plastic surgeon sewing him back up.

Maybe 20 years ago, I heard glass shattering, and then I heard my neighbor, a retired Army colonel with a booming voice, yelling at a neighbor kid, "Blake! Did you just shoot a BB gun at my window?" The kid answered, "No, sir, it was my brother." The colonel responded with, "Tell him to get your mother and bring her over here to talk about fixing it." "Ok, sir"

I was working in the back yard one day, and I heard the lady behind me tell her son she didn't want to see him shooting his BB gun in the back yard. He reluctantly agreed. A little bit later, I heard him shooting at a tin can. He was on the roof of the house shooting into the back yard so she couldn't see him. She stepped outside just as a BB ricocheted and shattered a flower pot. She yelled, he answered, and she laid out that he was in big trouble. I thought the whole thing was funny. Later, he became a Marine sniper and served in Afghanistan.
    Gun Zone Deals

Guns308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Abilene
    Make eye protection a must when shooting and only use steel bb's. They can be removed from an eye with a magnet where copper ones cannot. Other than that, turn em loose in the yard with their friends and siblings. Lots of lessons to be learned that way. Dont shoot each other if you don't want to get shot back and so on.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Make eye protection a must when shooting and only use steel bb's. They can be removed from an eye with a magnet where copper ones cannot. Other than that, turn em loose in the yard with their friends and siblings. Lots of lessons to be learned that way. Dont shoot each other if you don't want to get shot back and so on.
    The rule with my kids and bb guns is :
    1. The bb guns stay locked in my gun safe
    2. Can only shoot them with me supervising.
    3. Only shoot one at a time and everyone stands behind the person shooting

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom