• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I used to ride wheelies on my Schwinn 15 speed bike for a full city block. Had to replace the front rim about every 4-6 months from the impact of coming down so hard.

Back in the late 1960s, Evel Knievel was a cultural icon, and we used to try to imitate him with our beat up Stingray and Sears bikes. We'd get some plywood and create a launching ramp using milk crates to prop it up, stretching out a bunch of items (tricycles, boxes, small barrels) pretending they were cars. We aced some good landings, but also had some pretty good wipeouts, as expected. One in particular; a friend was hauling ass, hit the ramp, big jump, and landed on his front tire. He endo'd in a spectacular fashion; lots of road rash and ended up going to the hospital needing a bunch of stitches on his head. Obviously we did not wear safety equipment, 8 year olds weren't thinking that far ahead.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I’ve run the river in a canoe when it was high.

I know a few others have commented in the past, but I’m another who has ridden dirt bikes. Before my back got “not great” I loved the table tops and dropping off of those.

I’ve dated a redhead.

I used to work cattle, which can be very dangerous. We were loading young calves once and a momma broke through the corral and ran straight for me. I was standing there in the chute with her young calf in my arms. She hit me in the chest, the calf flew into the trailer, I laid on the ground sucking wind. When I caught my breath and turned around, the calf and mom were standing in the trailer staring at me.

done a bit of rock climbing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom