Join TexasGunTalk

Damned TSRA reps.....

Discussion in 'TSRA' started by TexasRedneck, Mar 28, 2020.

1. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As usual, folks want to twist things - the part you missed is that my councilman, the city attorney and the mayor all know of my connections to TSRA. More importantly, I already had the commitment from the mayor to rescind the rule prior to the AG's finding. To be sure - the AG's letter gave ALL of us much-needed backing should it be needed - but for this community, it wasn't needed. Oh - and Mike Cox was also working to get that ruling from the AG - as were several other pro-2nd groups.

308nato, Fishkiller and Big Dipper like this.
  2. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not necessary - and as has been shown time and again across the country, governmental bodies can't use "disasters declarations" as a reason to suspend Constitutional rights.

Charlie, 308nato and seeker_two like this.
  3. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I didn't twist a thing. I asked an open-ended question. The information I had received led to a different understanding. I didn't miss anything - you didn't share it.

If you've wondered why you might feel like naysayers are ganging up on you, you might consider what you do (like this reply) and how it might lead to a situation like that. You make a thread with grand claims that are not supported by any information publicly available, I ask a simple open-ended question, and you say I'm twisting things. THAT is why a lot of people distrust the TSRA.

seeker_two and Rhino like this.
  4. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I made NO "grand claims" - I reported an incident that happened, and what was done to rectify it. You can verify it with any of the tagged people I named, if you care to. You could also call the radio station in question and ask them.

308nato and Charlie like this.
  5. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Thank you! And TSRA!

TexasRedneck likes this.
  6. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No thanks needed, Charlie - although I DO appreciate it. One of the reasons I got involved w/TSRA was the ability to get directly involved in 2nd Amendment issues that seem to materialize around us unexpectedly. It gives me great resources to draw on, and a greater legitimacy when I DO have to approach a governmental figure.

7. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    The big shadow over all these dastardly city governments is that no one was punished for the serious misdeeds over here in LA following the Katrina floods. Yes, ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin did go to the Seagoville Federal Prison "Camp Fed"; but he was never even charged with his most serious crimes against citizens. The two complicit area Sheriffs also got off, no charges. Even the imported California Storm Troopers who beat the old lady on the infamous video were never charged.

Note the recurrent "never charged".

How could we expect any locals to learn, if charges for the most serious abuses never materialize?

Our local DA's and our State's Attorneys must be MADE to enforce our Constitution(s), or all is for naught !

We must demand that legal precedents be set for this gross bureaucratic & official misbehavior.

This is why we keep seeing this crime against us all.

leVieux

8. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Well..they have all done it...so there is that..

jordanmills likes this.
  9. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    That is all correct.
    There were state troopers from a least 5 different states there , along with the National Guard, and those pricks at St Tammany Parish SO
    The 2A violations are well documented and nobody got punished for any of it.

10. Bobk

Bobk Active Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Great job TexasRedneck! Definitely the better way of addressing the issue.