• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAtoDFW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    California
    I'm looking to get either a CZ Scorpion EVO carbine or 7.7" barrel pistol with folding brace and fake suppressor.

Everyone seems to favor the pistol, and it makes sense: the platform is designed for a shorter barrel. The carbine's 16" barrel is only to avoid NFA.

However, by getting the pistol instead of the carbine, I am faced with stricter TX handgun laws. Whereas the carbine is subject to no general carry restrictions.

For example, if I'm in a car, the pistol is not practical to carry concealed or in a holster. Unless I somehow get a very long bag to accommodate the 7.7" barrel + fake suppressor. I don't want to worry about violate the law if I need to move it from the cabin to the trunk either.
    Military Camp

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I have the first Scorpion Micro EVO 3 S2 with the telescoping brace and "faux" Osprey can.It is a fun pistol so shoot. As far as driving it around in a car, "concealed" means that it is out of sight. If it is on the front passenger seat with a jacket covering it, good enough. Under the seat, no problem. Don't need a bag or locking case as is the situation in your home state (CA). As long as it is not visible, no problem with storing a pistol in a vehicle.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Do you want a large format 9mm pistol or do you want a 9mm Pistol caliber carbine? They are different things. That’s the question you need to ask yourself.

Huntsman52

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    Not sure what you are asking as you are stating stricter "TX" handgun laws..did you intend to say CA? If not, see below. Just throw a towel over it or put under the seat.

Quick web search.....

Texas does not require a person to have a concealed handgun license in order to carry a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control, although Texas generally prohibits intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carrying a handgun in plain view in a motor vehicle or watercraft. Even concealed handgun license holders must conceal their handguns when in a motor vehicle or watercraft.

And some more...

The Texas Motorist Protection Act (HB 1815), effective as of September 1, 2007, permits any law-abiding Texas resident the legal right to carry a handgun inside their motor vehicle in Texas without a Handgun License to Carry or any other permit. As long as you are legally permitted to own a firearm and the vehicle belongs to you, then the answer is yes; you may have a gun, loaded or unloaded, in your vehicle in the state of Texas.

CAtoDFW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    California
    Stricter TX handgun laws means stricter than long guns.

My understanding is that in TX, if you open carry a handgun, it must be in a holster.

There are extra compliance steps to dealing with having the pistol version, even if that means putting a towel over it. If I got the carbine, I would not have to worry about any laws.

I would prefer to get the pistol over the carbine, but I'm not sure if that's worth the extra steps of legal compliance of having to either holster it or conceal it.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I would prefer to get the pistol over the carbine, but I'm not sure if that's worth the extra steps of legal compliance of having to either holster it or conceal it.

Interesting, I don't buy guns based on this criteria. I buy what I want most. Transporting openly in a car is not an issue that is even a blip on my radar. And my "truck guns" are concealed, hidden, because I don't want them ripped off. And driving around, my holstered handgun is my go-to if trouble rears its ugly head.

chasentx19

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Little Elm
    The 16" barrel option for a 9mm seems kind of overkill to me. I have the CZ scorpion s1 pistol with a brace and its plenty accurate for a cqb/truck gun. As for the fake suppressor .... just go ahead and get a real can imo

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    The 16" barrel option for a 9mm seems kind of overkill to me. I have the CZ scorpion s1 pistol with a brace and its plenty accurate for a cqb/truck gun. As for the fake suppressor .... just go ahead and get a real can imo

Question for you. I just purchase one a couple of weeks back. Since you added the pistol brace to it did you have to fill out the form1 for the ATF? Adding a folding brace to the cz scorpion is okay right?

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Question for you. I just purchase one a couple of weeks back. Since you added the pistol brace to it did you have to fill out the form1 for the ATF? Adding a folding brace to the cz scorpion is okay right?

The reason I opted for a pistol brace instead of a stock on my Scorpion Micro is so that I don't have to go thru the Class III federal bullshit

Why do I feel Déjà vu…

:green:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom