• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I mounted the Sig Romeo 5 and used the low mount to try for a co-witness with the factory sights
    The Sig was easy to set up and the windage and elevation covers have a slot in them, I am guessing can be used to make adjustments without a screwdriver.
    Also the inside of the cap has the adjustment directions printed on it.
    Nice touches for a $150 optic.

Now for the gun.
    I don't have the brace yet for it so I didn't get too crazy about getting the sights just perfect and the trigger is just awful and I have a reduced power set of springs on the way from SB Tactical

Whoever designed the ambi safety switch needs an ass beating, as my right index finger was hurting after a few shots the way it drops down on the grip where your trigger finger would lay. I also have a upgrade version ordered from Midway.
    The grip angle wasn't that bad on the factory grip, but I also have a new Apex grip coming as well.

Once the brace and these parts come in, I will get it outfitted and take it back out.

The gun functions great and the charging handle is a great design. I was able to get some decent groups on steel at 60 feet but with the new trigger coming, didn't want to spend alot of ammo until I had that installed.

All in all, I'm happy and looking forward to the few upgrades and getting this thing dialed in.
    I am super happy of just how small a bag this thing will fit in. It has all the boxes checked for a SHTF bag gun.

20210411_114316.jpg
    20210411_114316.jpg
    20210411_114320.jpg
    20210411_114326.jpg
    20210411_114333.jpg
    20210411_114745.jpg
    20210411_114815.jpg
    20210411_114821.jpg
    20210411_115158.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    The Scorpion EVO is one of my favorites. Plenty of aftermarket support to help with the ergonomics. I went with a Magpul grip and PMM ambi safety to get rid of it digging in your finger. PMM has the ambi safety kit on sale at the moment also. I can’t say anything about the SBT spring kit but I went with the HBI kit and it made a huge difference in the trigger pull. My build list is a double stamper, HBI k conversion/trigger springs, PMM ambi safety / rear QD mount, Trijicon SRO, Scalarworks 1.57, Magpul grip and hand stop, with factory CZ stock 289547FD-FF9E-4831-8A18-AF1F5BC82141.jpeg 0C978EB8-E079-476D-8F7B-2A4B111D8643.jpeg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    So, the brace I ordered from Optics Planet never shipped.. nothing from them..nada.. no emails..
    so I found out they didn't have any.. and the expected ship date was June...
    Don't understand that type of deception.. if you offer something online and you don't physically have it.. you are out of stock..they let me buy it and then told me they didn't have it.
    So I cancelled it and bought one from a dealer on GB.
    It took them damn near 6 days to ship it because they are so behind.

I finally have tracking and it will be here Wed.
    The reduced trigger kit and right side safety delete still hasn't arrived from old Larry Potterfield who brags about his fast shipping.. because they send it out UPS and you think the brown truck is brining it.. but no.. they send it UPS to USPS then USPS brings it...

Damn people don't understand I need my stuff

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    So, the brace I ordered from Optics Planet never shipped.. nothing from them..nada.. no emails..
    Don't understand that type of deception.. if you offer something online and you don't physically have it.. you are out of stock..they let me buy it and then told me they didn't have it.

The reduced trigger kit and right side safety delete still hasn't arrived from old Larry Potterfield who brags about his fast shipping.. because they send it out UPS and you think the brown truck is brining it.. but no.. they send it UPS to USPS then USPS brings it...

I avoid Optics Planet because of complaints just like yours.

Glad you found an alternative.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

SOP for Optics Planet.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Now, stamp that baby & get a real stock. Uncle Joe is gonna outlaw the brace & raise stamp prices. Do it ASAP.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Took it back out yesterday after I got the folding brace and upgraded safety button
    Fired 5 from about 70 ft off hand.
    It's not bad at all and when I get the trigger kit in, it is bound to get even better

20210501_125136.jpg

20210501_125159.jpg

Top Bottom