CZ Scorpion barrel nut tool?

ATXDave

May 4, 2018
Round Rock
Howdy - wondering if anyone has a barrel nut tool for CZ Scorpion pistol (like the one made by HB industries) they want to sell or loan?

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
I did not need one on my pistol scorpion not sure how the rifle one is set up. I used a open end wrench to take mine apart. Unless I am missing out on what you are doing.

I replaced my barrel and front end with Manticore stuff.

ATXDave

May 4, 2018
Round Rock
Thanks Shady. Mine is a pistol, too, but had SO MUCH threadlock on it that the open-ended wrench wasn't cutting it. I ended up ordering the removal tool from HBI (it's like $12) and it - plus a breaker bar and a lot of cussing - finally did the trick. I don't understand what CZ's factory is thinking when they coat the threads like that.

So, for anyone else looking for one of these tools, if you're in the Round Rock area you're welcome to borrow mine!

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
next time if you did not try it hit it with a propane torch or hot air gun. Or rapid fire 100 rounds lol heat goes a long ways to removing thread locker. There are also solvents that will cut it.

very cool to offer it up for loan and glad you got it off. Some of them are a real booger to get off.

jeisenlo

Feb 2, 2021
Dripping Springs
Anyone in the south Austin/Dripping Springs area with a CZ Scorpion Pistol barrel nut removal tool? I would be mighty thankful if I could buy one or borrow one.

ATXDave

May 4, 2018
Round Rock
Anyone in the south Austin/Dripping Springs area with a CZ Scorpion Pistol barrel nut removal tool? I would be mighty thankful if I could buy one or borrow one.
If you’re ever up north (Round Rock area) I’d be happy to lend you mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerDelmar

May 6, 2021
Austin
If you’re ever up north (Round Rock area) I’d be happy to lend you mine.

Hey Dave! I just ordered a new hand guard for my scorpion. You wouldn’t happen to have that barrel nut laying around still do you?

ATXDave

May 4, 2018
Round Rock
Hey Dave! I just ordered a new hand guard for my scorpion. You wouldn’t happen to have that barrel nut laying around still do you?
Hey Tyler - I do have it, just need to find it! (I assume you mean the barrel nut tool, not the nut itself)

TylerDelmar

May 6, 2021
Austin
Hey Tyler - I do have it, just need to find it! (I assume you mean the barrel nut tool, not the nut itself)

Yes the tool! I can’t find one online anywhere. There is one on Amazon but the reviews say it is ruining the nut bc of the fit.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics