• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If it felt good in the hand and put your trigger finger in the right spot then go for it.

Not a fan of its da. In sa the one I had would put holes in around the same spot. More accurate than I was.

I didn’t like the 09’s fit to my hand. Slim frame for such a big gun. Awkward.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    My wife carries one in the car. If memory serves me right the double action is 8.5 to 9lbs and single was around 4. Her's has the omega trigger. Everyone that has shot it liked it. It's basically a plastic cz75.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    They aren't bad, their triggers seem to be a bit more consistent than the 75 series, but they still have lots of variation between guns.

I've seen some that not even CGW made much of an improvement.

The first gens had frame bulging issues

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    The P09 is an excellent handgun. My favorite polymer pistol so I am a little bias. For dry fire make sure you use an oring for the hammer to hit, or you will experience premature firing pin retaining pin failure. The Cajun Gun Works retaining pin is a much better part and I would change that out for sure. Cajun Gun Works parts and some polishing really make to trigger nice. With the P07/P09 the trigger can be very different from gun to gun though. Primary machine also is a great option for guide rods/recoil springs.

For mags check with Greg Cote LLC. If anyone has CZ mags in stock, it is usually him.

This is an old thread, but it is straight from CGW and helps when improving the trigger:

Also, this guy made some great up close videos on working on the P09:

Here is my current go to P09. I have an UG/SR model as well.

RMcbRGx.jpg

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I have a P07 & a 75b Omega with a CGW trigger. It's been a while since I've handled a P09, from what I remember it's just a bigger version of the P07. I love my CZs, I think CZs shoot pretty damn good. I want a P10c for my next CZ. If I come across a used P10c I'll probably snatch it up.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Those springs are not needed f

The P09 has the omega trigger system which is very simple. The smallest spring is the for the sear. Also, the bulging issue was with the P07 Duty which was corrected before the P09 came out.
    Ok there Drax.
    1ea298ea0988d889cb9fd3569e5a6ba3.jpg

Oh, and i know for a fact there is at least one P09 with some pretty gnarly frame bulging

Top Bottom