• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I stocked up a few months ago bulk buying some components from another TGT member. I wasn't thrilled to pay what I did but overall prices were fair given the market. I wound up with stuff I don't necessarily need but figured I have a lifetime to use it. Recently the only thing I've reloaded is a batch of 30 rounds for deer season.

I thought the market was starting to get better with plenty of members finding some good stuff at higher but not crazy prices. Fast forward to today and I saw some powder prices that were beyond me. On GunBroker (admittedly not the best source) I saw IMR 4350 and retumbo going for over $80/lb. Even academy now has 4064 listed at 44.99/lb. I thought it was bad when I paid over $35/lb in early fall.

Anyhow now I'm patting myself on the back for buying what I did. Definitely not a good time to get into reloading. I'm currently flush with LR mag and LP mag primers and I'm sure I'll be trying to horse trade going into the new year. For now happy to have what I do. Wishing good luck to anyone out there on the hunt !

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yep. Look at black powder. Goex is made no more. You've got Swiss or Shuetzen. $28/ lb.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Gun Broker is the worst place to price shop for powder or primers.

Your local shop might beat Power Valley, Midway, Brownell's, etc. but availability is always the question.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I saw small rifle primers on sale for $89. Good luck finding primers or powder. People who have talked to distributors tell me that once the shortage ends, they expect primer prices to be around $65/1000.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I saw small rifle primers on sale for $89. Good luck finding primers or powder. People who have talked to distributors tell me that once the shortage ends, they expect primer prices to be around $65/1000.
    Dang.
    Glad I'm not hunting any.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Actually powders I see aren't that much higher. Primers are over 10 cents apiece with tax, shipping and hazmat. Just crazy

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The last powder I had delivered was $438 for two 8 pound jugs of H110.
    The last primers I had delivered was $245 for 5000 Cheddite 209’s.
    Prices have risen over the last year.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Poking around yesterday the only in stock primers I found were CCI no 41s for 109+shipping and tax. I know a guy looking for 4350 like every other 6.5 shooter and what's available is ridiculously high.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    It seems I am one of the only ones not contributing to the current price problem. I refuse to pay that much so I will sit on the pile I built up before all this nonsense. I am sure it won't ever be like it was but it sure won't stay like this either.

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    Stopped by Marksman Firearms in Wichita Falls Just to see what components they had. Was pleasantly surprised to see three boxes (1000 primers each) of small rifle and two boxes of large rifle. Was going to grab them until I saw the price. They wanted $184 per box. I asked them if they were serious about the cost and they said yes, but I could get 10% off for being military. I put them back down and walked out. That price is above price gouging.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Brass,

Feel ya.

Fellow competitor recently paid $1,000 for 5,000 small pistol primers....so as he & his bride could go the USPSA Nationals...

Expect worse to come.... :rocket:

Later, Mark

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom