• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The terminals are part of the Port of Galveston which is owned by the city.
    Are they? Is there federal law that governs and regulates ports? National Parks within the boundaries of Texas can and do prohibit carry inside buildings.

Unless the areas that are signed are covered under another part of the law that I am not aware of ergo the "probably" qualifier in my statement.

Have you researched it? I haven't, so I am looking for facts. I could say they "probably" are off limits since I am not aware of anything that would make it illegal. ;)
    DK Firearms

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Every cruise line has in it’s restrictions that no weapons are allowed, even pocket knives. Almost all cruise lines are flagged under other countries other than the US, this keeps them out of US labor laws and wages. If you try to carry on a ship, you won’t make it thru the entry metal detector, or if it’s in your luggage or carry on bag, they will find it on X-ray. They can deny you boarding and you most likely be out the cost of the cruise to boot.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    My husband forget he had his $5 credit card knife in his wallet and they saw it and staff made him throw it away before boarding. He was pissed. He wasn’t gonna walk back to the car for that though.

They took forever to go through my backpack. I had packed flashlights and such that really messed with them with their scanners.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And now I'm wondering if all you had was <$40 or >$500 and also how much
    TexasRedneck offered.

Not for a gun, but for a trumped-up "driving the wrong way" stop....with 4 cars in front of me and two behind me, all from Mexico....I was the sole gringo. But I know how the game is played....my "real" money was squirreled away elswhere - so when I showed him my wallet, all I had was about $60 in cash. Managed to convince him I needed to get a little gas, plus have $$$ for the bridge toll. He let me keep $10. That was the last time I drove my vehicle in Mexico w/o it having a LofC for its' value on file from my customer. It's also why I VERY rarely went into Mexico any longer - and certainly NEVER outside of a business trip.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    National Parks within the boundaries of Texas can and do prohibit carry inside buildings.
    18 USC § 930
    Have you researched it? I haven't, so I am looking for facts. I could say they "probably" are off limits since I am not aware of anything that would make it illegal. ;)
    I cannot find anything in Federal law that specifically prohibits carrying in cruise ship terminals. Not saying it doesn't exist, I just haven't been able to find anything.

But here is a good example of why it's a bad idea to bring one on the cruise...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...-facing-gun-charge-cayman-islands/3145338002/

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Of course, you might get lucky and the customs agents will stop you before you get any further...

https://www.wesh.com/article/few-ar...f-guns-drugs-found-at-port-canaveral/4431842#

Note that article, which is from Florida, states "It's a misdemeanor to take a gun into a cruise terminal, even if you have a concealed weapons permit."

Also, "Guns are prohibited on the ships not by law but by cruise line policy. So guns are typically returned to passengers after their cruise, or locked up in their vehicles in the parking lots."

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    They can lick me where I pee about their illegally-posted 30.06 signs on government property (that wouldn't apply to me any way). Things are a little different on a boat, especially if it's flagged to another nation. But there's no way I'm carrying even spent cases, let alone a firearm, in Mexican territory. My bootyhole is not made for Mexican prison.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    CBP isn’t cleared, other than administratively via manifesting, when departing the state of Texas on a cruise ship. The embarkation area isn’t a federal facility and is physically separated from the debarkation area which may be a federal facility, but I’m not sure.

While I 100% agree one should not attempt to take a firearm in any manner on a cruise ship, I don’t think it’s illegal to do so.

I will also state, unequivocally, you and your possessions are subject to search for contraband upon returning to the US, whether on a closed loop itinerary or not.

That does not mean you will be searched though.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Men, I have worked on drillships and semi-subs for 20 years on 6 continents. The governing authority on a commercial vessel is IMO and subsequently the Flag State. Possession of firearms by all crew and passengers aboard any IMO registered (commercial) vessel is left up to the Flag State and then from there down to the owner(s). One thing that must be considered as well are the local/state & federal laws in any and all waters and ports to be entered. The only notable exceptions are LEO (US Marshall Service), Military (Coast Guard, Navy) and private security (under exclusive case by case permits in hostile waters, i.e. Horn of Africa/Somalia).

http://www.ics-shipping.org/docs/de...ed-guards-and-arms-on-board-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=0

As far as the terminal goes, that is an international port and free trade zone; IMO has influence due to the fact that any passengers or cargo that enter are deemed fit to board the vessel. In the port the governing authority is the local/state & federal governments as well as the owner.

I've never been on a cruise liner in my life, nor do I care to (I get paid to sail, not the other way around). However, if I did; the last thing I want is 1000+ drunken passengers potentially carrying. I want that as much as I want unrestricted open carry in bar rooms...

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Almost all cruise lines are flagged under other countries other than the US, this keeps them out of US labor laws and wages.
    I am on a Marshall Islands flagged ship owned by a UK headquartered company. I assure you it does not restrict the reach of US labor laws. Marshall Islands, Liberia, Cypress, Panama, etc are considered Flags of Convenience. The benefit of these are less stringent safety regulations and primarily cheaper TAXES on the owned asset (think annual vehicle inspection and registration fees). The safety aspect is pretty much inconsequential today because each vessel is also governed by a classification society; namely ABS (American Bureau of Shipping), Lloyd's Register (UK) & DNV (Det Norske Veritas-Norway). Each classification society has it's own set of safety regulations and standards that are constantly monitored and audited by in house inspectors. Just about anything anyone here will board is registered to one of the 3 mentioned. Most cruise liners (like container ships) are DNV due to Norwegian ownership.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    What info is out there about CC and cruse ships? Anyone have info or experiences?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

In addition to the practice being illegal, you have security checkpoints with metal detectors.

Their are many things that are confiscated when trying to board a cruise ship that are considered illegal. For instance, a fan with metal blades, knives over 2”(personal experience)multi tools etc and that is checked in luggage.

Not only that you are leaving the country, your concealed carry permit is not worth jack.

Cruise ships have their own onboard brig and security, and most cruise ships port of call is not US based, which means cruise ships don’t follow US Law, they follow maritime law.

Lastly you are on a vacation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

In addition to the practice being illegal, you have security checkpoints with metal detectors.

Their are many things that are confiscated when trying to board a cruise ship that are considered illegal. For instance, a fan with metal blades, knives over 2”(personal experience)multi tools etc and that is checked in luggage.

Not only that you are leaving the country, your concealed carry permit is not worth jack.

Cruise ships have their own onboard brig and security, and most cruise ships port of call is not US based, which means cruise ships don’t follow US Law, they follow maritime law.

Lastly you are on a vacation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious what this means, in reference to CC?

Top Bottom