• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Probably illegally.

IIRC, it’s actually posted at the entrance to the secure area. And you’re right, it is posted illegally as the secure area of a cruise terminal isn’t the same thing as an airport. I’m also not sure if the secure area is considered a federal facility.

Cruises, to me, are a procedurally weird way of entering the country because a passport isn’t required on closed loop cruises and most closed loop destinations don’t require you to present a passport to enter and exit the country as that’s done via manifesting with the captain/cruise line clearing for you, instead.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Nope, I wouldn’t do it. Depending on the cruise, not only are you heading into into international waters, you’ll be going to another country. The police in Mexico catch you with a gun you’ll be thrown in a Mexican jail if you don’t pay them off with $40. Then if US customs catches you with it on the return, well you get the picture.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The police in Mexico catch you with a gun you’ll be thrown in a Mexican jail if you don’t pay them off with $40.

Prices have gone up...$40 won’t get you out of a jaywalking ticket.

15 years ago it cost my buddy $500 when he was caught peeing in an alley in Cabo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Prices have gone up...$40 won’t get you out of a jaywalking ticket.

15 years ago it cost my buddy $500 when he was caught peeing in an alley in Cabo.

He's a bad negotiator then.:laughing: My girlfriend and I got detained in Chapultepec park in Mexico city one time. Paid the police all we had on them and got to leave. When we got back to her sister's house and told her the story, she was pissed at US for paying them so much.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    He's a bad negotiator then.:laughing: My girlfriend and I got detained in Chapultepec park in Mexico city one time. Paid the police all we had on them and got to leave. When we got back to her sister's house and told her the story, she was pissed at US for paying them so much.
    And now I'm wondering if all you had was <$40 or >$500 and also how much
    TexasRedneck offered.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Federales walked him to the ATM.

Threatened to take him to jail unless he showed them his balance, then made him withdraw the max the ATM would dispense against his card.

Yes we were drunk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    IIRC, it’s actually posted at the entrance to the secure area. And you’re right, it is posted illegally as the secure area of a cruise terminal isn’t the same thing as an airport. I’m also not sure if the secure area is considered a federal facility.

Again, what is illegal about the signs? Are they posted at a Texas or local government location?

The cruise lines all run metal detectors, I am told, and they have a right to restrict firearms from their property

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    http://defendandcarry.com/concealed-carry-on-boats-and-cruises/
    There’s a thing called maritime law. Attorneys study it and study the criteria to meet certain qualifications of acceptable boundaries usually when it comes down to trade agreements and shipping lanes. Generally, so long as the captain of the vessel has no issue with you being armed – you’re fine If the captain of the ship forbids passengers from being armed – that’s the law. Concealed carry may not apply depending upon the vessel.

A country is theoretically only able to claim sovereignty over the waters to a certain extent. If the ship you are traveling upon is flagged as a non-US vessel, you become subject to the laws and restrictions of that country once you pass into international waters. So, for instance, if your cruise ship is flagged under Barbados, you are now under the penalty of that country’s laws should you be found to be in violation of any crimes of that country. At sea, the captain of the vessel is arguably the chief officer of the law. He can confine you to quarters or – in the extreme and not commonly done – even exile you from the vessel (“walk the plank”) if he sees you as a threat to himself, the vessel, its crew, or its other occupants. That’s his discretion and he has to theoretically answer for it once he returns to shore.

So the core facet you need to remember if you carry concealed out into international waters: at the discretion of the captain of the vessel.

If YOU are the captain of the vessel, you dictate those rules. You can have any type of small arms munitions and firearms governed under several treaties and conventions that you can research on your own. The summary of that: if you’re the captain, carry concealed as you wish.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014

I remember a guy on a gun forum posted about him being on his own sailboat and sailing to Mexico for vacation. He had a mini 14 in his boat and didn’t want to risk arrest by Mexican police if his boat was searched. His solution was to toss it into the Gulf of Mexico. Number of arm chair commandos chimed in with other solutions. Such as toss it in a sealed trash bag and string it to a buoy somewhere before Mexican waters.

Top Bottom