• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    A neighbors parents bought him a Ohhunt 1-6x24 First Focal Plane scope for his AR-15 and is having trouble figuring out the crosshairs

He has never seen a crosshair with 100 below the cross ... is the center 50 yards?

He does know the dots going down at an angle are for wind

Here's a pic I found of the crosshair

Gwsn45x.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Went to their website and it says nothing on the crosshairs (like he told me), so I clicked on "Chat with us" and asked if the center of the cross is 50 yards

Lets see what happens

I'll let the friend know what I just did just in case I find out something useful

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    A 50 yard .223 zero will be high at 100 yards, and will require you to aim low, not high View attachment 316013

Ohhunt is Chinese, so my money is on someone who doesn't understand reticle design just added them cause he thought it looked cool

Did you use an app for that image? I use ballistic AE and can generate something that tells the same story just in a much different way. I really like that presentation.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    A 50 yard .223 zero will be high at 100 yards, and will require you to aim low, not high View attachment 316013

Ohhunt is Chinese, so my money is on someone who doesn't understand reticle design just added them cause he thought it looked cool
    Yes. It’s a point that who knows what the redicles mean per manufacturer. Generally most follow something but for all we know it could be minute of Chinese child labor.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx

So based on your findings what would you recommend to him when it comes to zeroing it in

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    He's going to have his father return it, so his father wants to know what the maximum magnification (overkill) would be for a 556 AR so he can look around

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I agree with the author’s perspective on the 36yd zero. My go-to rifle is zero’d at 100 though because that’s what the ACSS reticle demands. When I ran an red dot, I had that zero’d to 36yds.

36 yards isn't too bad, i still prefer 50 as it keeps you very close out to 250, 36 has a bit more variation imo

Top Bottom