• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Crag would like to think all who helped him (through me) to find a scope for his AR-15, expressly Zackmars for his help

His father bought a Primary Arms 4-14x44 with ACSS HUD DMR 5.56 and this is one of the reasons

5Md2QDC.jpg

I bought one because the reticle was designed for the 556 round - 55gr, 62gr & 77gr

Our rifles are almost the same so here are pics of mine with the scope

qPq0mKl.jpg

BhLByEy.jpg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Not Texas
    That's a nice little diagram that Primary Arms put together for that particular reticle.

However, putting together a diagram like that for any scope you mount to your rifle is one of the most basic items of DOPE you need for your rifle. It doesn't matter if FFP or SFP, you can still determine the MOA (or MILS) of all the subtensions of your particular reticle. Then, like @zachmars notes above ... learn your hold overs.

We have a Vortex dealer here in Indiana that is my go-to for all things related to firearm optics and long-range shooting. If he doesn't know, it isn't worth knowing. If you're ever looking for another optic (scope, red dot, spotting scope, binoculars, monoculars, thermals, etc. and so forth) take a look at A&A Optics ... https://aaoptics.com/

Better yet, give Alan a call and discuss things firsthand with somebody who truly knows what he's talking about. Get on the A&A Optics mailing list if you want to know when he gets in a fresh shipment of Vortex refurbs ... all the wonderfulness of Vortex optics at a fraction of the cost. Be warned, the refurbs go very fast. If there's something you want, don't hesitate or it will be gone.

Top Bottom