• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Got my 1st and 2nd crossbow earlier. Think pretty good deal and had heard of Barnet brand long ago. Picked up a Wildcat C5 and a Whitetail Hunter STR, the C5 came with a hard case. Both are scoped with mounted quivers and 5 bolts for each including some extra broadheads.
    Wife wants to get a round bale brought in for a backstop to practice. Are those good bows? Owner pointed out that on the C5 have to watch the grip as string could catch a thumb if not careful as it happened to his wife, the STR has a different grip option.
    Texas SOT

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Got my 1st and 2nd crossbow earlier. Think pretty good deal and had heard of Barnet brand long ago. Picked up a Wildcat C5 and a Whitetail Hunter STR, the C5 came with a hard case. Both are scoped with mounted quivers and 5 bolts for each including some extra broadheads.
    Wife wants to get a round bale brought in for a backstop to practice. Are those good bows? Owner pointed out that on the C5 have to watch the grip as string could catch a thumb if not careful as it happened to his wife, the STR has a different grip option.
    Funny you mentioned that thumb thing, Saturday I was talking to a neighbor. One of his hunting buddies cut his thumb off the first day of archery season. They took him to Columbus, the doctor there taped it in place, and sent him to Houston to see if it could be reattached.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I'd suggest buying one of these -

I've had mine for years, and it's still in great shape. I have a Horton Vision crossbow and it shoots pretty fast.
    I will suggest that you rub an unscented bar of soap on the bolts that you use for target practice with these type of targets. If you don't, you will struggle to pull them out of the block.

Windrunner50

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    Fort Worth
    Look for a block type target rated for crossbows and or your rated velocity. The hay bales just won’t do it for higher fps and shorter bolts. +1 on the above block

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    I use compressed bails. They make good bow targets with my 90lb bow and last about 3 seasons. I stack them up for long range back stops.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Speaking of crossbows, any thoughts on this Centerpoint one?

1634515963466.png

It's for sale for $250. NFI. I don't know squat about them, just this one came up when I was buying some other gear...

Top Bottom