• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lobo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Texas
    I believe that was just for one specific brand, wasn't it?

Did you buy it or renting it from someone? If renting, I would just tell them and let them deal with it<

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I believe that was just for one specific brand, wasn't it?

Did you buy it or renting it from someone? If renting, I would just tell them and let them deal with it
    "Certain Philips Respironics Ventilators, BiPAP Machines, and CPAP Machines Recalled Due to Potential Health Risks"

Thanks for the heads up Ben.
    mine is a ResMed not listed on the recall.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I was notified about it about a year ago by Phillips. They have been promising a replacement. They said it was based on priority of need.
    I just received notification of one coming today. I will let y’all know what shows up.

You only needed to register your serial number online to be eligible for a replacement.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I never received any notification of a recall from Phillips. When I attempted to register the serial number on line the site would not function to allow entry of information. I had to call Phillips to register for a replacement which should arrive by the end of the year. If I don't need a cpap for a few months, I question if I need it at all.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Well I opened the box and found the replacement working section inside. I transferred the memory card and modem and humidifier to the new one. It automatically updated with my settings. It came with a prepaid return label.

I just gave it a quick functional check, but it seemed more powerful. Maybe the filter on the old one was a little clogged. I have noticed that although the airflow seemed fine on the old unit, the pressure seemed low. I verified the settings were correct and they matched my old machines. I am sleeping a night or two with the new one before I send this old one back.

I also separately read today that this recall is bankrupting the company. I hope you get your replacements before that happens.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yes I got notification over a year ago.. maybe as far back as 2020. Quite a while back anyway. I did‘t turn mine in because it was worded such that there was no replacement model offered. I would be out the $ and I would need another Dr referral for a replacement. F that. Insurance made me pay something like $30 or $35 copay for “modem” fees for 12 months. If I skipped something like 3 nights per month using it, then I would have to pay the full price for the machine out of pocket.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    The recall has caused other companies to be overloaded with orders. It took two months for my insurance companies DME company to procure one for me.

I was replacing my older unit I use for travel so my better (oldish) unit becomes the travel unit and the brand new one is for home.

The updated Resmed unit I got is the updated model of what will now be my travel unit.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I transferred the memory card and modem and humidifier to the new one. It automatically updated with my settings.
    Off topic, but this is one of the things I don't like about the newest and best. My CPAPs have always been set with key presses and never have any way they can communicate with the world.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I always buy. Compared to the earliest machines, the cheapest machine out there is fantastic...so I just pop for that one.
    I have been using a Cpap/Apap for 25 years. Fortunately for me it has always been Resmed. CpapTalk is a great forum for helpful info about the Philips Resperonics Recall.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Off topic, but this is one of the things I don't like about the newest and best. My CPAPs have always been set with key presses and never have any way they can communicate with the world.
    Ben,
    You always have my utmost respect. The unit I received is as good or better than the original. It is unsual in this day and time for that to be true.

I do only have 2 years experience in the CPAP market, but this unit which was paid for by my insurance has been more than satisfactory for the duration.

Unlike most people I do instrument my SPO2 all night. It has passed muster with me. I hope everyone else has similar results.

Top Bottom