This is MY governor!

1627597990031.png

Gun Zone Deals

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Getting control of a mask mandate after letting his dim0crap buddies run havoc is nothing to be proud of. Rates with being for something just before being against it. Fluffy Abbott blows with the wind and the wind in Austin sucks.
    Sending unarmed men to be seen by the media near the boarder really helped too.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Ruling by executive order is horseshît and an abuse of emergency powers. Specifically in the preamble, “WHEREAS. I, Greg Abbott. Governor of Texas. issued a disaster proclamation on March 13, 2020. certifying under Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) poses an imminent threat of disaster for all Texas counties…”

Does that threat of disaster actually exist? The only authority he derives is from self-granted power through the emergency declaration that is continuously renewed, arguably violating the spirit of the Texas Disaster Act.

I’m not impressed; i’d rather him be open, kill the declaration, and tell the public that if the have a problem with their local government, then recall them.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Ruling by executive order is horseshît and an abuse of emergency powers. Specifically in the preamble, “WHEREAS. I, Greg Abbott. Governor of Texas. issued a disaster proclamation on March 13, 2020. certifying under Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) poses an imminent threat of disaster for all Texas counties…”

Does that threat of disaster actually exist? The only authority he derives is from self-granted power through the emergency declaration that is continuously renewed, arguably violating the spirit of the Texas Disaster Act.

I’m not impressed; i’d rather him be open, kill the declaration, and tell the public that if the have a problem with their local government, then recall them.

You think we'd be better off with Beto or Abortion Barbie?!?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You think we'd be better off with Beto or Abortion Barbie?!?

It’s irrelevant, we have who one the election. Doesn’t mean he’s infallible or without criticism. I truly believe that while he may be acting within the letter of the law, he has violated the spirit of the law.

I’m just as disappointed the lege did not pass a law to end the state of emergency when they had a quorum to do so.

So long as a declaration of emergency exists, Abbot has absolute power. That is anathema to our state and federal Constitutions.

Top Bottom