• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    A buddy, his girlfriend at the time and I were riding mountain bikes in S. Austin in the late 90's when we came up on a row of chain link fenced backyards of a new housing development. All of a sudden we found ourselves in the middle of a pack of coyotes that were gathered against one backyard fence that scattered, running around and between our bikes.

We looked into the backyard where they were gathered and there was some little poodle running nervously back and forth on a back patio. I think we saved little Fi Fi's life that day.

Last edited:

alias

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    spicewood, tx.
    BillFairbanks,

FYI, a considerable percentage of those Austin Pajama Boys may well ambush you and/or do something HORRID to one of your loved ones. = COWARDS do that & it takes little bravery or skill to wound/kill someone from ambush with anything from a .22lr revolver to throwing a firebomb into your home..
    (When I worked in the LA =Prison System long ago, some of the MOST VICIOUS, the most UNPREDICTABLE & DANGEROUS, "inside the wire", of our LIFERS were "mama's boys" & adult males that most men would immediately identify as SISSIES. = Further once at the New Orleans Prison or at Angola, they often/quickly/HAPPILY "found their natural niche" as "GIRLS" of some tough convict.)

yours, satx

I don't have a TRUMP sticker on my truck for the mere fact I don't want my truck vandalized or tires slashed while leaving it unattended in a parking lot. I ever catch some commie faggot touching my truck they will be buying him coloring books and playing the "Do you recognize your family members" game but I'd rather not use my truck as bait.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    They do that very often. I lived in Allen when it had two traffic lights back in the 80's. I would see them coming and going during the night in our subdivision to hunt cats. Lived 20 years in a very rural town later and they would snag small dogs and any cats that wandered off constantly. I stumbled upon many coyotes, about a dozen bobcats and a pair of foxes over the years and they are normally afraid of humans. Rabid is an exception. I've shot a few skunks and raccoons that were aggressive and acting odd in my yard.

Almost every new neighbor I run into asks how come there are so many missing cat signs. I asked have you seen any cats? Well no come to thin
    I don't have a TRUMP sticker on my truck for the mere fact I don't want my truck vandalized or tires slashed while leaving it unattended in a parking lot. I ever catch some commie faggot touching my truck they will be buying him coloring books and playing the "Do you recognize your family members" game but I'd rather not bait them.
    Put an Abortion, Americas Holocaust sticker on your truck and go to a college town. It's an interest exercise in observing human behavior.

My dads a process server and is all over everyplace doing so. He was a marine and the toughest guy I know. Hell we got in a fight once together with a bunch of druggy bastards trying to get my little brother off the streets. I had already sterilized a couple who though it was a good idea to walk up to within contact range and reach behind your back saying wheres my knife I'm gonna cut you. I swear they lifted 3 feet off the ground. The second one just watched the first one let kicked in the nuts and collapsed and immediately did the same thing. Darwin I guess. Anyways I had to pull him off a couple who came at us later that night. I'm saying it was 2 on him and I seriously worried for their safety.

Anyways point is he says it's scary how some of those rabid libtard college kids act over a bumper sticker. They are so pissed they wouldnt even notice the red trump hat if hes wearing it at the time. They scare him more than any of the people he has to track down.

Talk about rabid pack animals circling.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    3 iron or pointy stick is good for the nutty pet dog, prob. good for a yote or skunk (don't want to try that). Bout 10 yrs ago she & me were walking dog in the area, little yippy comes barreling at us, She pick ours up and the yippy was trying to climb to get ours. Unfortunately, she wouldn't quit turning around so I couldn't get a hand or kick on yippy. If I'd shot it, hell to pay. Discharge gun in city limits is a no-no. I say yippy but it was a small shorthair mutt of some kind, about 30#. Not an 'official' dangerous dog. So you got LE and owner on your back. You get to prove your were in danger! Carrollton had a bunch of cougars, city stated 'not shoot' until a lady was attacked. Dallas had to shoot a couple pit bulls, kid died, PETA went crazy. Wife's got a cousin sheriff deputy in La, has to go hand out repro and eviction notice. Closest he got to shooting anything was "those crazy ***** have at least two Pit Bulls".
    But pack dogs are a problem! And you don't get much time to react!

Last edited:

K9117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Wood County, TX
    Don't really feel like trying to lug around a Colt 1911 or a G19 in my basketball short pockets. And not sure I want to take shots at Coyotes 10-25 yards with a single stack subcompact G43.

I just don't get the sense any of my current applications will fit this use case. And what the hell... Its a good excuse to buy another gun that the wife won't argue with :roflfunny:

So at the end of the day, I believe I am looking for a longer barrel, lightweight SA pistol with the smallest effective cartridge while still being effective.

But if I need to bump it up to a 9mm, maybe a Glock 48 or a Shield with a 4 inch barrel???

if the Coyotes are keeping their distance from you, (10-25 yards) why would you shoot at them?

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    if the Coyotes are keeping their distance from you, (10-25 yards) why would you shoot at them?

Just yell and wave your arms or better yet just ignore a yote. Unless a yote is rabid then there is no danger to a human. At maximum, a .22 is all you need for a rabid yote, Using a large centerfire weapon on a yote in town is irresponsible.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Are we talking about the animal coyotes or the kind that smuggle illegals into the country ?
    Never mind- either way, the best thing is to use a large caliber on them early and often and then leave the area immediately to avoid complications.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom