• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

In recent decades we in the North America are not surprised if a coyote pops-up anywhere. But it wasn’t always so.

Being ancient, I well recall when we never saw a coyote East of Houston, and they were pretty rare East of Victoria.

I remember my first early AM hunts in South Texas, hearing the coyote wails & calls all around.

My Uncle @ Rockport/Fulton & other Uncle who had a multi decades lease out near Hondo said they had always had plenty coyotes in those places.

When I visited Dad in the mid-1970’s, the coyotes had invaded the South LA marshes 100 miles East of el Rio Sabino. I recall seeing them from the bridge of our sports fishing boat.

Then, they just exploded. Some were even reported in NYC’s “Central Park”, many miles from any wilderness.

Today, coyotes are considered native to 49 of the 50 States, all of Mexico & across Canada.

If you are old enough to have personal recall of this phenomenon, please add your comments.

<>

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    In the mid-Atlantic states, they drive around and look for cat bones in the culverts to track the 'yotes. Many are coydogs, and they are worse-more aggressive and not afraid of people.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    We need to get some bears to alleviate the coyote problem.

Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 11-15-20 What Eats Coyotes The Full List of Coyote Predators.png

Top Bottom