• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I just found this cook, Kent Rollin's videos a little over a week ago. I clicked on one video to find out some information, and now I'm hooked on his videos! He is entertaining as well as being very informative about cooking.

Tonight I'm trying out his recipe for a blooming onion, very similar to what Outback serves.

If you haven't checked him out, you should. Some of his videos, have had me rolling in the floor from laughing so hard.
    Guns International

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Been following him for a couple of years. Bought his original seasoning, one of his cookbooks, his wooden utensil, etc. The man is awesome. great recipes. His cast iron tips are great. We cook at least one of his recipes per week.

OldChap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Houston area
    Many years ago we used to always eat at the Annual Oil Show (drilling rigs and such). They had a bunch of guys who always cooked the old fashioned cowboy way of making BBQ. They would dig a long trench and fill it with logs and start the fire a day ahead. Then they would cook around a thousand pounds of fresh beef on grates overnight. That was some of the best cowboy eatin' I ever experienced.

Sadly, it just made me hungry!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Or try this get. Big 1015 or Vadalia onion cutting the top off. Cut down most of the way like a blooming onion. Load it with Worcestershire sauce butter salt & pepper. Wrapped up in foil & cooked until your desired doneness. They are even better with a quality Blue Cheese melted in.

I have actually done something very similar but did them on the grill outside. Friggin awesome tasting.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have actually done something very similar but did them on the grill outside. Friggin awesome tasting.
    Oh yeah they are meant to be done on the grill! If you in a hurry you slice the onions thick and skewer them. Get your grill marks then give them the treatment. Shredded Gruyère i Swiss works great!

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    As soon as i saw the title of the thread i knew it was going to be about Kent and Bertha. Been watching him for a few years now.

I also watch Malcolm Reed (how to bbq right). He's good too. Not convoy cooking but still cooking outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    I subscribed to this guy, and some of his stuff is pretty good, but when he started throwing mayonnaise in crap, that is when I stopped watching... ... ... Ewwwwww. I am not THAT white...

I can't remember if I am still subscribed or not on my "Firestick/Roku YouTube Google account", which I keep separate from my phone account, and seperate again from my Intenet-purchase-spam-account... Spam-free lifestyle FTW.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I subscribed to this guy, and some of his stuff is pretty good, but when he started throwing mayonnaise in crap, that is when I stopped watching... ... ... Ewwwwww. I am not THAT white...

I can't remember if I am still subscribed or not on my "Firestick/Roku YouTube Google account", which I keep separate from my phone account, and seperate again from my Intenet-purchase-spam-account... Spam-free lifestyle FTW.
    Mayonnaise is very useful in cooking. The best garlic bread recipe I know uses some mayonnaise. Now Miracle Whip is another story in my mind!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Mayonnaise is very useful in cooking. The best garlic bread recipe I know uses some mayonnaise. Now Miracle Whip is another story in my mind!

Baboon is right. Mayo can add a lot to some foods. And I'll be honest, it took me some time to embrace using mayo other than on a sandwich too.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I just found this cook, Kent Rollin's videos a little over a week ago. I clicked on one video to find out some information, and now I'm hooked on his videos! He is entertaining as well as being very informative about cooking.

Tonight I'm trying out his recipe for a blooming onion, very similar to what Outback serves.

If you haven't checked him out, you should. Some of his videos, have had me rolling in the floor from laughing so hard.

Just saw the video. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom