Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Pass ... 40x is worthless, and 10x base is equally worthless. I highly, highly recommend staying away from anything that uses 50 mall-ninja phrases in it's namesake, and claims it's a "Contract Overrun" ... contract for who? Where's the NSN?

Stick to Leupold, Nightforce, Schmidt-Bender, US Optics, and other quality makers. I use a 5.5x22-50mm Nightforce NXS and it's extremely high quality, but there are good bargains to be had on the market. I recommend staying around 25x as a max magnification unless you want to pony up for some high end glass. The distortion with lesser quality glass is pretty bad, and even the Leupold VX-III line has trouble getting sufficient light and clarity at 25 - 30x. After shooting my Nightforce in the 5.5x22 and a Leupold in 6x24 I was glad I didn't go with the 8x32.

Let me know what you are planning to do with this optic, and what it's going on and I can give you some ideas on what to buy.

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Let me know what you are planning to do with this optic, and what it's going on and I can give you some ideas on what to buy.
    Well for right now, Im just doing a lot of browsing. I want to get a .308 or a .300 variant rifle. Just searching and waiting for the right deal as of right now, I am looking for Rem. 700, savage 10 series or maybe a little something higher end.

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Personally... Leupold, LR/T: Leupold || Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 A friend of mine has one and it's amazing how clear it is, even at full magnification. The side focus makes using it nice, too.
    yeah, I just wish it had .1mil click adjustments. I like the mil/mil setup, and it is what i know, its pretty easy math. If you could point me in the direction of a good scope that has mildot reticle with mil adjustments, without breaking the bank, I would be forever grateful!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    yeah, I just wish it had .1mil click adjustments. I like the mil/mil setup, and it is what i know, its pretty easy math. If you could point me in the direction of a good scope that has mildot reticle with mil adjustments, without breaking the bank, I would be forever grateful!

Get a Leupold LR/T Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm with Mildot or TMR, and the M5 turrets. The M1 turrets are 1/4 MOA, and the M5 are 0.1MRad.

My Nightforce is an MLR with 0.1Mrad.

Top Bottom