• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    My wife and I just moved here to Texas, between Georgetown and Hutto. It seems like there are some rumors about the Hutto government being corrupt (more than normal). The news recently reported that had a laid off 48 employees due to the coronavirus issue.
    https://www.kxan.com/news/local/wil...ersight-couldve-prevented-economic-situation/

As small as Hutto is, I was surprised that there’s anyone left in government after getting rid of 48 employees.

Anybody out there know the backstory to the corruption in Hutto, or is it just rumors?
    Capitol Armory ad

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    My wife and I just moved here to Texas, between Georgetown and Hutto. It seems like there are some rumors about the Hutto government being corrupt (more than normal). The news recently reported that had a laid off 48 employees due to the coronavirus issue.
    https://www.kxan.com/news/local/wil...ersight-couldve-prevented-economic-situation/

As small as Hutto is, I was surprised that there’s anyone left in government after getting rid of 48 employees.

Anybody out there know the backstory to the corruption in Hutto, or is it just rumors?
    I don't have any info but the number of employees surprised me too.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    4M$ in the hole, guess they can't add or subtract. 20k population, 12 schools (closed), # employees about right for the small non-farm towns in texas where residents want all the stuff of bigger cities. pretty much a racket for muni employees.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    In 2003, the Texas Legislature recognized Hutto as the “Official Hippo Capital of Texas.” Hutto is the only town in the whole USA to have a hippo as its mascot. Hard to believe they have 20K population these days... the the Peoples Republic of Austin is creeeeeeeping out that way...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom