• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    I really don't like that area down there for employment. It seems to me that there must be a lot of folks down there who are willing to work for not much money.

I would think that a temp agency might be worth looking into.

I signed up with Express Personnel back in about 2004. They got me a temp to permanent job with an oilfield chemical company over in Calallen-Robstown. I'm still in that same business, but am up in Victoria making about 22k more per year than I was making down there. That is a switch not only in location, but in employer.

I'm finally going to say something. I have noticed that on this forum, you will consistently put a $ sign after a number. I hope you don't do that when you produce your resume or apply for emploment. You don't want 22$ per hour. You want $22.

That water suggestion is interesting. I occasionally train with a local group up here. One of the instructors works water for GE. I think he may work some sort of desalinization project.

I think it's an argument against evolution. If we eveolved from something, we should be able to drink salt water by now.

In any case, good luck.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If you would be open to moving a bit, I could check to see if we need more cable guys for my company. They get paid an hourly rate so not sure what you are looking for but they basically run ethernet cable and audio/video cables for installations.

Would he have to change his name to Larry?

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Yep, craigslist is pretty good. But don't limit yourself to just one avenue.

Surveying is usually always hiring; a company doing lots of construction-type projects might make you competitive. Sorry to hear, and good luck.

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    Simply Hired or Indeed.com

can get you started with many offers with your skill se;t depends on what you are looking for. You never specified preference 1,2,3 etc.

Also Phillips up here in Old Ocean is getting to ramp up another 1800 more hands as the upgrades continue to the refinery.

Also CBI has a BIG 5 year LNG job in Cameron,La. CB&I and Chiyoda Win $6 Billion EPC Award for Louisiana LNG | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction. we just moved our son over there he will be there for at least 5 years and they are just turning dirt.....

Also you can build a profile on LinkedIn & Professional Network for Oil & Gas - Oilpro

So you have MANY opportunities to grow professionally. From personal experience you can get a P6 Scheduler certification, move on up to Cost Controls and then Project Management. Learn about this at PMI.org

Nice to be so young and versed in many skills all you gottah do now is decide which route to take.
    If you need more info you can PM me and I'll help in any way I can.
    All the best....

Top Bottom