• majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Sad...

Corpus Christi gun store owner dead, one injured after robbery

Corpus Christi police are continuing to investigate a robbery at a gun store that left the business owner dead and an employee seriously injured.

About 9 p.m. Thursday, the 38-year-old employee and his 63-year-old employer were found with gunshot wounds at a gun shop in the 5500 block of Leopard Street.

The 63-year-old man later died from his injuries at Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial, police said.

Police said the aggravated robbery occurred between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., and a vehicle belonging to one of the victims was located at 910 Corn Products Road soon after.

The suspect, or suspects, stole the vehicle after the shooting and abandoned it there with stolen guns inside, according to a police news release...

(the rest of the story can be read at the title link)
    Military Camp

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    RIP George....ya crazy Greek......

I think his machinist was the other victim....

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    This can be pretty bad. I spent a day in there talking to him before I new anything about supressors and the laws. He has a wall of class III stuff and his systems were pretty neat. Usually had an integrally suppressed 50 just sitting on his counter. His supressors usually were full replacement systems. Carbon fiber stuff. He had probably a dozen full autos on the wall. He was very nice and very helpful, full of info and didn't talk down to you. I was thinking about getting a hunting rifle from him, but I couldn't find any positive reviews. He talked to us for hours, no pressure, just information. That's too bad. Sad day. Hope they can account for the big stuff.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    One down, 3 more worthless POS's to go....

Arrest made in gun shop shooting, warrants out for 3 more suspects

CORPUS CHRISTI -
    A man has been arrested for the shooting that took place at Shooter's Depot on Leopard Street that took the life of the store owner, George Koumbis, and seriously injured an employee.

A tip given to the Corpus Christi Police Detectives indicates the involvement of 19-year-old Truanser Hughes. He was located and arrested by members of the US Marshal Fugitive Apprehension Task Force on an unrelated aggravated robbery warrant. According to police, he was interviewed by the Homicide Department and was additionally charged with capital murder.

Bond is set at $1,000,000.

Police say that three other individuals have also been identified for their involvement. Capital murder warrants have been obtained for Filamir Gomez, 20, Jeremiah Jenkins, 28, and Darien Marshal, 22.

CCPD hopes the arrest and warrants will bring some peace to our community.

"This is no longer a who done it. This is no longer thought to be a organized plan that was gonna go from gun shop to gun shop. I know that was some worries from some of our local vendors," said CCPD Chief Mike Markle.

If any one has any information of the whereabouts of the wanted individuals, contact Crime Stoppers at 888-TIPS.

80-murderer_84f55d3e4f903ed1e0405a9f6ea365335505e8a7.jpg

Story

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Sure hate to hear that.

Went in to that shop probably about ten years ago just bumming around.

Ended up talking to Mr. Koumbis for quite a while about his years in Canada. Talked about jewelry just as much as we talked about firearms.

He was an award winning jeweler on an international level.

You live a life like that and then you're murdered by thugs in a shop on Leopard, of all places.

That's a damn shame. I sure hate to see it.

I take my mom to The Astor across the street from that place about every 8 months. Just for the old time feel of the place, I guess. It's not a pretty piece of Leopard.

Capital murder. I don't see a bright future for those four.

Top Bottom